Blackhawks | Ex-Blackhawk speaks about sexual assault, how claims were handled: 'It's destroyed me'
Kyle Beach, in a 25-minute bombshell interview with TSN's Rick Westhead, came forward and revealed that he was the Chicago Blackhawks player sexually abused by Bradley Aldrich during the Blackhawks' 2010 Stanley Cup playoff run.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears coach Matt Nagy remains quarantined, watches practice via livestreamThe Bears have moved all meetings from in-person to virtual this week after head coach Matt Nagy tested positive for COVID-19. Nagy confirmed that special teams coordinator Chris Tabor would serve as acting head coach if Nagy weren't available to coach in Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers at Soldier Field.
Columns | O'Donnell: Does thoroughbred racing at Arlington Park still have a pulse?The Daily Herald has learned that an extremely well-resourced connection of businessmen has initiated contact with senior management of the Chicago Bears that could keep 'em racing around the local oval at least through 2026.
Columns | Before Hawks fall to Toronto, Wirtz delivers message to teamA tumultuous week continued for the Chicago Blackhawks as players and coaches were forced to deal with the fallout of a sexual abuse scandal that cost Stan Bowman and Al MacIsaac their jobs.
Politics | Senate revives measure to allow limited sports betting on in-state collegesA state Senate committee revived a gambling bill Wednesday that would allow for limited betting on in-state college sports teams, sending it to the full Senate for consideration.
Bears | Hampered by a foot injury, Bears Mack may miss timeBears linebacker Khalil Mack is not expected to play this week against the San Francisco 49ers, according to a report from the NFL Network. Per the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo, the Bears are looking to give Mack additional time to rest, and a stint on injured reserve appears to be a possibility.
MLB | Rookie propels Astros past Braves to tie SeriesJosé Siri sparked a team whose biggest stars took a while to shine, sending the Houston Astros to a 7-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday night that evened the Fall Classic at one game apiece.
Columns | LaVine wants to play through thumb injury, but isn't sure how it will goBulls leading scorer Zach LaVine will try to play through a partially torn ligament in his left, non-shooting thumb. But as of Wednesday's practice, he's not sure whether or not he'll be able to pull it off.
Prep Football | Football: AP Top TenHere are the latest rankings of Illinois high school football teams in each class, according to an Associated Press panel of sports writers.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Elgin spreads the wealth, reaches sectional finalElgin didn't need 3 goals from Eduardo Nava to reach a sectional final. Nava, Olamipo Ajayi and Miguel Navarro scored goals as the Maroons downed Rockford Jefferson in one semifinal of the Class 3A Huntley boys soccer sectional on Wednesday.
Prep Football | Groark, Brigham find connection with QB Grace at Rolling MeadowsIt wasn't just plug and play, but the connection at Rolling Meadows has been electric. Wide receivers Ethan Groark and Michael Brigham have played football on the same youth team in Rolling Meadows, together since they were 5 years old. But after the spring season the pair, who were juniors at that time, needed a new quarterback for their senior season. Junior Evan Grace has stepped into the starting role quite nicely.
- 9:10 AMCal's improved defense in for tough test vs. Oregon St
- 9:07 AMUCLA presents new challenge for Utah's run defense
- 8:38 AMKoeman gone, Barcelona names Sergi Barjuan caretaker coach
- 8:06 AMNo. 17 Pitt tries to keep momentum going against Hurricanes
- 7:27 AMLille heads to Paris to face PSG in French league
- Prep FootballGroark, Brigham find connection with QB Grace at Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballEarly-season challenges have paid off for Antioch
- Prep FootballFootball: AP Top Ten
- Prep FootballTaking a look at possible playoff X-factors for DuPage County teams
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: South Elgin's Worden commits to Iowa
- Prep FootballHere are the first-round pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs, with game days and times
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Elgin spreads the wealth, reaches sectional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: King's goal propels St. Charles East past Geneva in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Huntley holds off Dundee-Crown in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Fremd offense explodes in sectional win over Stevenson
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- NewsGlenbrook North football goes out a winner
- NewsVignocchi resigns as Glenbrook North boys soccer coach
- NewsHERALD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: GLENBROOK SOUTH'S EVA VAN DER GOES
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Glenbrook South in control against Palatine