White Sox | Cease has had time to rest, reflect and adjust before second start for White Sox
Dylan Cease showed plenty of potential during his first major-league start for the Chicago White Sox. That was back on July 3, and Cease is set for his second start Tuesday night at Kansas City.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Chicago Cubs falter in 6-3 loss to RedsChicago Cubs president Theo Epstein was happy with his team's weekend sweep of the Pirates, but he wasn't getting head-over-heels giddy just yet.
Bears | More questions than answers concerning Chicago Bears tight endsTight end might just be the one position for the Chicago Bears concerning their depth chart heading into this season.
Columns | Rozner: Luke Donald searching for spot at MedinahWith a few events remaining, Northwestern's Luke Donald is hoping to play his way to Medinah for the BMW Championship.
Blackhawks | Nylander hoping to make most of opportunity with Chicago BlackhawksAlexander Nylander is trying to prove to the Chicago Blackhawks that they made the right choice in acquiring him from Buffalo for Henri Jokiharju. Nylander's first step is participating in development camp this week at Fifth Third Arena. Said Nylander: "I thought it was a great opportunity for me to come here (and) show what I've done in training through the summer, and I can get even better toward training camp."
NFL | 49ers sign K Robbie Gould to 4-year contractKicker Robbie Gould signed a four-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers on Monday instead of playing this season on the franchise tag.
NBA | Summer League winds down, and now, maybe, some NBA restSummer Slowdown: As tourney in Las Vegas draws to a close, the frenzied NBA offseason should cool off a bit.
Pro Sports | Trio of first-timers headline WNBA All-Star reservesDiamond DeShields, Erica Wheeler and Odyssey Sims will be making their All-Star debuts as the trio was selected for the game in Las Vegas later this month
Cubs | DeSclafani, Reds to take on Mills, CubsThe Reds will start Anthony DeSclafani on Tuesday while the Cubs are expected to counter with Alec Mills
MLB | Kansas City plays Chicago, aims to build on Junis' strong showingKansas City looks to follow up a dominant outing by Monday starter Jakob Junis
- 10:08 AMKU's Miles figures he's back where he belongs -- on sideline
- 9:45 AMCarolina Hurricanes re-sign D Haydn Fleury to 1-year deal
- 9:39 AMBig 12's 2nd day features 2 new coaches, 2 QBs
- 8:51 AMAmerican Commissioner Aresco: No plans to replace UConn
- 8:28 AMUCF picked to win American title for 3rd straight season
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more