Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
Plastic water storage tanks can replace cisternUpdated Aug 25, 2015 3:43 PM Q. I have an old, round, 8-foot wide by 9-foot deep cistern in my backyard. It was built of red bricks and holds about 2,200 gallons of water. For some 14 years, I have been patching holes every three years or so with hydraulic cement and Quikwall to...
House didn’t appraise Posted Aug 29, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. We got an offer on our home for $365,000, got the appraisal back from the buyer’s lender for $365,000. Five days later, the lender reviewed the appraisal and changed it to $350,000 (exactly the price the buyers wanted before negotiations.) So I...
Condos can force use of adjoining land to make repairs Posted Aug 29, 2015 1:00 AM
Q. Our condominium association is about to undertake a major tuck-pointing project for our multistory building. The contractor informed the board that it has to stage the work for our association from the property located next to the association. That...
Are HECM reverse mortgages over-priced? Posted Aug 29, 2015 12:00 AM
HECM reverse mortgages are reputed to carry high upfront fees, which raises two questions addressed here. First, are seniors getting real value in exchange for the high fees? The answer in most cases is “no.” Second, can a senior who knows...
- More articles
- Tips for maintaining your pressure washer
- How to make moving easier on pets
- FHA opens window to more borrowers
- Becoming a home inspector without building experience
- Tomatoes are tasty, but their cousins can be toxic
- Morton Arboretum’s Plant Clinic fields questions about trees
- Several options exist to improve slippery ramp walkway
- Who trims the branches?
- How to handle a rude board member
- Equity credit lines are given somewhat differently today
- How to replace your old wooden threshold
- When fed rate rises, some homeowners lose, others may win
- New mortgage rules could further complicate closings
- Home inspector makes big mistake
- Spray-foam insulation is useful tool when sealing a space
- Buyout best option for these investors
- Guidelines for setting up a reserve account
- Kildeer Girl Scout creates public garden devoted to butterflies
- How can home inspectors find roof leaks?
- Window awnings block sun’s heat and glare
- Cautious homebuyers worry about potential foundation issues
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Serena Williams, Venus Wlliams, Alicia Keys Posted Aug 28, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Rosie O'Donnell, Dennis Miller Posted Aug 20, 2015
Mortgage Rates Expected to Move Lower Posted Aug 12, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Julia Roberts, Hilary Swank, Vince Vaughn, Johnny Galecki Posted Aug 7, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Sia Posted Jul 30, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Beck, Taraji P. Henson, Facebook Co-Founder Chris Hughes Posted Jul 24, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Katie Holmes, Gigi Hadid, Joan Rivers Posted Jul 16, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Scott Disick, Nicole Richie, Joel Madden, Floyd Mayweather Posted Jul 10, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Bret Michaels, Geraldo, Robin Thicke Posted Jul 2, 2015
Mortgage Rates Remain Volatile Posted Jun 26, 2015
Gutterglove prevents clogged downspoutsLaura Miller of Milwaukee became only the second franchise dealer for Gutterglove in the country after she and her husband, Luke, met Robert Lenney at a roofing expo in Las Vegas in 2004. Today, the Millers cover not only the Milwaukee market but are one of three authorized Gutterglove dealers in the Chicago area, too.
Home exteriors can have it rough in the MidwestMidwesterners are better equipped to design exterior home products that are specifically suited to our harsh Chicago climate. WindowWorks, based in Bolingbrook, is offering homeowners all around the Chicago area and northwest Indiana its own brand of windows and doors.
Far West suburbs appeal to certain buyersThe real estate market in the Fox Valley has been gradually improving across the board since 2010, said Brian Knott, an agent with RE/MAX Horizon in Elgin.