Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
How to set up legal budget reservesUpdated Nov 23, 2015 6:08 PM Q. The declaration for our condominium requires the board to build up and maintain a reasonable reserve for contingencies and replacements, and requires the reserve to be “segregated and allocated for specific purposes.” The budget for our...
Maintain your lawn mower during fall and winter Posted Nov 27, 2015 1:01 AM
I’m sure we all are happy when lawn-mowing season is over with. It’s nice to have a green landscape, but weekly mowing does get old. Am I right? Storing away your lawn mower needs to be done properly, especially when you plan to use it...
Mixed reviews on new closing rules Posted Nov 27, 2015 1:00 AM
How are home closings going nearly two months after the new federal real estate disclosure rules took effect? Are they being knocked off schedule and taking much longer from date of sale to final settlement, as some mortgage industry executives predicted?
Home buyers shouldn’t waste time on stubborn sellers Posted Nov 27, 2015 1:00 AM
“You gotta know when to hold ‘em, and know when to fold ‘em” is practical advice for poker players — and also for homebuyers who run into an obstinate seller.
- More articles
- What could cause floor to sag?
- Valid real estate offers must be in writing, and signed
- Replacing ceiling tiles with drywall may be worth effort
- Homeownership is not for everyone
- Like not having a kitchen because you don’t like to cook
- How to become a community association manager
- Make your old table like new again
- As weather cools, good deals on homes and household items heat up
- FHA reforms don’t rescue condo buyers
- When to negotiate repairs with sellers
- Managing surplus assessments
- Keeping your home toasty during the wintertime
- Inexpensive home warranties benefit sellers and buyers alike
- Fannie Mae offers added flexibility to borrowers
- Buyer mystified by stains in house
- Exemption not allowed on rental properties
- Board members must be unit owners
- How to properly insulate your home
- A ballroom ghost and a squad of spirits
- Appraisal ‘adjustments’ can cause trouble
- Buying new home without a home inspection
inside Real Estate
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Market Rates Unlikely to Move Due to Europe, Inflation Posted Nov 20, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Diane Keaton, Tim Allen Posted Nov 13, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Bruce Springsteen, Jonah Hill, Roger Ebert Posted Nov 6, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: John McEnroe, Yolanda Foster, David Foster Posted Oct 30, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Robin Williams Posted Oct 23, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Dave Grohl, Amy Irving, Betsey Johnson Posted Oct 16, 2015
Mortgage Rates Fall to Low Levels Posted Sep 25, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Sela Ward, Kathleen Turner, Richard Gere Posted Sep 18, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Norah Jones, Julianne Moore, Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas Posted Sep 11, 2015
Celebrity Real Estate: Neil Young, Tracy Morgan, Marc Anthony Posted Sep 1, 2015
Builder invests in ‘event-based’ marketingThe owner of A. Perry Homes wants signing a contract to build a custom home with his company to be similar to joining an exclusive club. Instead of spending time and money on marketing, we are treating our clients very well and are letting them spread the word. We call it ‘event-based’ marketing,” owner Tony Perry said.
Treetime inspires holiday traditionsTreetime Christmas Creations is a magical, fantasy Christmas showroom that changes each year in an effort to keep people coming back to see what they have done differently, according to Laurie and Joe Kane, the seasonal business’s owners. “We would like Treetime to become people’s yearly Christmas destination. We want to be everything Christmas for them,” Laurie Kane said.
River Glen sprouts up on farmland in LibertyvilleThe beautiful two-mile stretch of property just south of Route 120 along River Road in Libertyville is getting a new community of 65 custom, single-family homes called River Glen. These houses will be built on one of the last remaining parcels in that sought-after area, said Mark Loeb, owner of Interlacken Construction.