Select an RSS feed from the list below
- Top DailyHerald.com headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Sports headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Business headlines
- Top DailyHerald.com Life & Entertainment headlines
View the complete list of DailyHerald.com RSS links |
There are lots of name-brand options for concrete repairUpdated Apr 26, 2016 11:33 AM Q. As a faithful reader of your column every week, I was disappointed with your answer to a question about garage floor pitting. You have solved a lot of problems with honest, effective answers. You usually have a product in mind that will solve the...
Trustee of parents’ estate nowhere to be found Posted May 1, 2016 1:00 AM
Q. My parents put their house in a living trust and named themselves as trustees. The trust states in the event of their passing, my sister would become the successor trustee. The only problem with this is no one has seen or heard from my sister in more...
Federal program may finance home renovation Posted Apr 30, 2016 1:00 AM
Q. My family has outgrown our two-bedroom farmhouse, but we’re attached to it (it’s a lovely rural lot). We’d rather renovate it and add more rooms than move. The home has been in my family since it was built in the 1800s.
Confronting the three HECM reverse mortgage decisions Posted Apr 30, 2016 12:00 AM
This article describes the three major decisions that must be made in taking out a HECM reverse mortgage. The purpose is to alert potential borrowers to the information they will need to make the best decisions possible, and where to get it.
- More articles
- Disagreement over the safety of electrical outlets
- Readers weigh in on Charlestowne Mall
- Constable: Favorite tree on Arbor Day? Arboretum leader can’t pick just one
- Choose best asphalt filler based on shape, depth of cracks
- Chicken restriction is not uncommon
- Will changing brokers help?
- Payday loans: the worst abuse is not regulated
- Alimony income can be used to boost mortgage-approval chances
- Defects overlooked during final inspection
- Higher fees for low down payments and credit scores
- A vision for real estate development in St. Charles
- Homeowner’s aging copper pipe needs to be replaced promptly
- Association asked to add more insulation
- Homeowner strikes out with shady, inept contractors
- Appraisal system should be changed in fairness to borrowers
- What was market value back then?
- Association boards must establish reasonable reserves
- Suspicious work by contractor
- When a joint mortgage isn’t worth it
inside Real Estate
- More Arlington Hts. restaurants can offer outdoor eating
- Plan for tavern at Gurnee-area strip mall dies
- Italian furniture makers strengthen brands through archives
- Smaller home opens up to the great outdoors
- Pullout workspace is a concept that works in any room
Top Headlines on DailyHerald.com
News from Zillow
Celebrity Real Estate: Phil Lesh and Don Cheadle Posted Apr 29, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Judy Blume, Jillian Michaels, Marvin Hamlisch Posted Apr 22, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Benji Madden, Keith Olbermann, Moby Posted Apr 15, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Britney Spears, John Cusack, Ice-T, Kathleen Turner Posted Apr 8, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Brooke Shields, Shirley Jones, Ashley Benson Posted Apr 1, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Alicia Keys, Kesha, Fred Armisen Posted Mar 25, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Charlie Sheen, Katie Couric, Stockard Channing Posted Mar 18, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Joy Behar, Jason Segel, Jackie Collins Posted Mar 4, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: Kris Jenner, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Lopez Posted Feb 26, 2016
Celebrity Real Estate: John Legend, Daisy Fuentes, Mike Tyson Posted Feb 19, 2016
Houston-based builder at work in the suburbsThe largest privately held home builder in the country, David Weekley Homes of Houston, quietly moved into the Chicago market last fall and is now gearing up to strongly compete with well-established Chicago-area and national builders. In fact, DWH's first local community, The Reserve in Barrington, is now open and selling single-family homes.
Maytag appliance store on top of trendsAdvanced Maytag, located at 548 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg, has been selling "white goods" to Chicago-area residents for 60 years -- since 1956. Daily Herald readers have until May 1 to enter the Mother's Day Sweepstakes and win "Mom" a top-of-the-line, high-efficiency Whirlpool washer and dryer set worth at least $2,700.
Lurvey expansion allows year-round businessBig changes have recently been unveiled at Lurvey Garden Center in Des Plaines after a nine-month construction project yielded a new, state-of-the-art garden center that allows Lurvey to better serve its loyal clientele and also to be open year-round.