Nov 18 2015 | 6:18 pm
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2” opens Friday, bringing the cinematic adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ hit novels to a close. What began as a modest franchise has become a full-blown phenomenon. Here’s why.
Nov 03 2015 | 3:22 pm
- I could complain that CBS' forthcoming “Star Trek” series was created solely to get people to pay for the network’s streaming subscription service — which it totally was — but I’m going to gladly fork over the...
Oct 27 2015 | 3:16 pm
- Who needs physical media anymore? Studios like Disney and digital retailers like VUDU are doing all they can to make Blu-rays redundant or obsolete.
Oct 19 2015 | 9:28 pm
- The third and final trailer for director J.J. Abrams’ “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” premiered at halftime of “Monday Night Football.” It had columnist Sean Stangland in tears by the end.
Oct 16 2015 | 9:23 am
- Wrigley Field has been the stage for some exciting baseball this week, as well as the setting for numerous movies and TV shows over the years. Celebrate the Cubs by checking out these films on Netflix or DVD.
Oct 16 2015 | 12:40 pm
- Enjoy our "An Hour in Wheeling" photo gallery with photos of everything from the obvious to the obscure, including the town’s recently renovated Heritage Park.
Sep 29 2015 | 5:01 pm
- The 27th season premiere of “The Simpsons,” which aired last Sunday on Fox, may have actually lived up to the Comic Book Guy’s hyperbolic catchphrase: Worst. Episode. Ever.
Sep 24 2015 | 3:03 pm
- Do you miss "Match Game," "What's My Line" and other classic game shows? Buzzr network is here to help. Also: Sean Stangland's take on the premiere of "Scream Queens."
Sep 18 2015 | 12:09 pm
- Fox has a winner on the fall TV schedule in the fast, fun “Minority Report,” the new hourlong sci-fi series based on Steven Spielberg’s 2002 film.
Sep 10 2015 | 9:09 am
- After almost three years of being overshadowed by more powerful, adult-oriented video game consoles from Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo's Wii U will at last become a must-have item thanks to the release of "Super Mario Maker.”