Jul 25 2016 | 1:49 pm
- Steel Beam Theatre goes jazzy with “Raising the Standard,” an evening of American songbook standards; Aurora’s Comedy Shrine turns into a magic lounge; and Black Ensemble Theatre remounts “The Jackie Wilson Story,”...
Jul 25 2016 | 9:26 pm
- A Lombard man, who was charged with stealing cash from food and liquor stores in Schaumburg earlier this year, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to four years in prison.
Jul 21 2016 | 9:44 pm
- An Elk Grove Village woman pleaded guilty to attempting to rob a man she through a social networking site. Karena Villegas, 19, was sentenced to 24 months of probation.
Jul 22 2016 | 12:13 pm
- The prisoner who led authorities on a three-hour manhunt after fleeing the Rolling Meadows courthouse Wednesday is being held on $1 million bail after Cook County prosecutors Thursday filed a felony escape charge against him. The Cook County...
Jul 20 2016 | 9:56 pm
- A Palatine teen was ordered held on $2 million bail Wednesday on charges he sexually assaulted two young girls beginning in 2011 and continuing through June 2016.
Jul 20 2016 | 11:56 am
- Broadway legends Patti LuPone and Christine Ebersole play cosmetic giants in the luxe world-premiere musical “War Paint” at Goodman Theatre.
Jul 21 2016 | 3:25 pm
- The New Colony and Definition Theater examine race, class and love; eclectic Full Contact shares the “History of Comedy” at Metropolis; and Petruchio tames his beloved “Shrew” this week in Chicago-area theater.
Jul 19 2016 | 5:52 pm
- An Elgin man who has seven previous DUI convictions was ordered held on $150,000 bail Tuesday following his July 15 arrest on the same charge.
Jul 16 2016 | 7:11 pm
- Wearing a coral party dress and matching sandals, her long brown hair brushed back from her face and her bright eyes darting, 3-year-old Allayna Tripp was the center of attention at her birthday party Saturday in her parents’ Elk Grove...
Jul 15 2016 | 6:59 pm
- Two Schaumburg men are charged with stealing tools from a Hanover Park home improvement store.