Trump, in 2020 campaign mode, calls Democrats 'radical'
President Donald Trump jabbed at the press and poked the eye of the political establishment he ran against in 2016 as he kicked off his reelection campaign with a grievance-filled rally that focused more on settling scores than laying out his agenda for a possible second term.
Polar bear spotted in Russian city, far from normal habitatAn emaciated polar bear has been sighted in a Russian industrial city in Siberia
Police: Arizona man beheads roommate's dog as she moves outAn Arizona man has been arrested on suspicion of mutilating and beheading his roommate's dog as she moved out of the home they shared in a Phoenix suburb
House panel set to debate idea of reparations for slaveryA House subcommittee is taking up the question of studying reparations for slavery for the first time on Capitol Hill in more than a decade
As Trump's defense pick withdraws, he addresses violent domestic incidentsIn the months that he has served as President Donald Trump's acting secretary of defense, Patrick Shanahan has worked to keep domestic violence incidents within his family private. His wife was arrested after punching him in the face, and his son was arrested after a separate incident in which he hit his mother with a baseball bat. "Bad things can happen to good families ... and this is a tragedy, really," Shanahan said.
Trump EPA close to gutting Obama rule on coal power plantsTrump administration close to completing one of the biggest of its dozens of rollbacks of environmental rules, replacing an Obama-era effort to wean the US electrical grid off coal-fired power plants
Fact-checking President Trump's reelection campaign kickoffHere are some of the highlights -- and lowlights -- of Trump's announcement on June 18 that he will run for reelection.
Was dead militant war casualty or Navy SEAL's murder victim?More Navy SEALs are expected to testify for the prosecution at a war crimes court martial of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher
Trump campaign raises $24.8M in less than 24 hoursThe staggering sum was announced in a tweet on Wednesday morning by Republican Party Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. It dwarfs what the top Democratic contenders in the 2020 White House primary raised over the course of the first three months of this year.
Chicago police officers cleared in 2016 shooting of black manChicago's Civilian Office of Police Accountability has cleared two officers of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of an African-American man in a majority white Southwest Side neighborhood
House votes to block military transgender banThe Democratic-controlled House has voted to block President Donald Trump's move to restrict transgender men and women from military service
- 10:13 AMGiant radio-controlled models celebrate planes of D-Day
- 10:09 AMRosary to say goodbye to athletic director of 46 years
- 10:00 AMAmerican giving lost some ground in 2018 amid tax changes and stock market losses
- 10:00 AMNew England newspaper owner fights to save local journalism
- 9:55 AMHIV prevention drug services expanding in some counties
- 9:53 AMDemocrats interview former longtime Trump aide Hope Hicks
- 9:53 AMUN expert urges probe of Saudi prince over Khashoggi killing
More Suburban News
- LakemoorLakemoor man sentenced to 6 years on child pornography charge
- EducationDistrict 220 parents call new facility for special-needs transition program inadequate
- St. CharlesIn light of state tobacco law, St. Charles raises possession age to 21
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows shooting investigation continues; no one in custody
- NapervilleDecision delayed on Little Friends land in Naperville
- EducationDistrict 214 approves new five-year deal with teachers
- MettawaHundreds of Vernon Hills area residents under a boil order after mechanical failure
- Mount ProspectMan who was unaware that house was ablaze rescued by Mount Prospect firefighters
- Fox River GroveMotorcyclist suffers serious injuries in Fox River Grove crash
- NapervilleNeighbors fear south Naperville road expansion could worsen traffic
- HuntleyWork on Huntley fire stations to begin soon
- South ElginSouth Elgin bans smoking, vaping from parks
- South ElginTallest building in South Elgin on schedule to open in winter
- AuroraRosary to say goodbye to athletic director of 46 years
- BartlettGlobal Arts Festival returns to Bartlett Park
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more