Israel battles militants in Gaza's main cities, with civilians trapped in the fighting
Israeli forces battled Palestinian militants in Gaza's two largest cities on Monday, with civilians still trapped in the fighting even after hundreds of thousands have fled to other parts of the besieged territory.
Fed is set to leave interest rates unchanged while facing speculation about eventual rate cutsWith inflation edging closer to the Federal Reserve's 2% target, its policymakers are facing -- and in some cases fueling -- hopes that they will make a decisive shift in policy and cut interest rates next year, possibly as soon as spring.
UN officials and activists ramp up the urgency as "difficult" climate talks enter final daysVisibly tired and frustrated top United Nations officials urged climate talks to push harder for an end to fossil fuels. Time seems to be running out both in the talks in Dubai and for action that could keep warming at or below the internationally agreed-upon threshold.
Russia targets Kyiv with ballistic missiles. Ukraine says it intercepted all of themRussia fired eight ballistic missiles at Kyiv early Monday, all of which were shot down, Ukraine's Air Force said. The thwarted attack still left one person injured by shrapnel and three more suffered severe stress reactions, officials said.
Jury selection begins in election workers' defamation damages trial against Rudy GiulianiJury selection got underway on Monday in the federal case that will determine how how much Rudy Giuliani might have to pay two Georgia election workers he falsely accused of fraud while pushing Donald Trump's baseless claims after the 2020 election.
The Supreme Court rejects an appeal over bans on conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ childrenThe Supreme Court on Monday refused to take up a case about whether state and local governments can enforce laws banning conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ children.
It's a tough week for Rishi Sunak. He faces grilling on COVID decisions and revolt over Rwanda planBritish Prime Minister Rishi Sunak faces one of the toughest weeks of his 13 months in office as he's grilled by lawyers about his decisions during the COVID-19 pandemic while fending off a rebellion from lawmakers over his signature immigration policy.
Doctor and self-exiled activist Gao Yaojie who exposed the AIDS epidemic in rural China dies at 95Renowned Chinese doctor and activist Gao Yaojie who exposed the AIDS virus epidemic in rural China in the 1990s died Sunday at the age of 95 at her home in the United States.
Zelenskyy will address the U.S. military in Washington as funding for Ukraine's war runs outUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy will address U.S. military officers at the National Defense University on Monday as part of a last-minute push to convince Congress to provide more money for weapons before funding runs out.
Iraq scrambles to contain fighting between U.S. troops and Iran-backed groups, fearing Gaza spilloverDozens of attacks on U.S. military facilities by Iran-backed factions in Iraq over the past two months as the Israel-Hamas war has raged have forced Baghdad into a balancing act that's becoming more difficult by the day
BTS members RM and V start compulsory military service in South Korea. Band seeks to reunite in 2025Singers RM and V of the K-pop band BTS began their mandatory military duties under South Korean law, their management agency announced Monday. This came a day before two of their bandmates, Jimin and Jung Kook, were also expected to report for duty.
Agreeing to agree: Everyone must come to consensus at COP28 climate talks, toughening the processWith nearly 200 nations of different sizes, economies, political systems, resources and needs, they all have to find common ground if they are going to save the one common ground they share -- planet Earth.
- 10:14 AM'He loved helping others': Wauconda High mourning teacher killed in weekend crash
- 10:14 AMMemorial service announced for Park Ridge teen who died in crash
- 10:13 AMChat with Buffalo Grove police chief, village president Thursday
- 8:15 AMHoliday crowds at airports and on highways are expected to be even bigger than last year
- 7:47 AMIndia's Supreme Court upholds government's decision to remove disputed Kashmir's special status
- 7:10 AMA day of 2 prime ministers in Poland begins the delayed transition to a centrist, pro-EU government
- 6:26 AMDynamic suburban skating duo wins national title
More Suburban News
- NewsMemorial service announced for Park Ridge teen who died in crash
- Buffalo GroveChat with Buffalo Grove police chief, village president Thursday
- News'More important than ever': Arlington Heights celebrates Hanukkah with menorah lighting
- PalatinePalatine organization seeks volunteers to help the homeless
- WheatonWheaton police to 'Stuff the Squad' with food pantry donations
- Glen EllynWillowbrook Wildlife Center receives state grant
- Pingree Grove16-year-old from Gilberts killed in crash in Pingree Grove
- BartlettPolice: Man falsely reported armed robbery
- NewsBolingbrook CosMc's opens to long lines, hours of waiting
- Prep WrestlingBoys wrestling: Buffalo Grove keeps invitational first-place trophy home
- Boys' BasketballFast-paced Warren rolls past Stevenson
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Warren surges past Lincoln-Way co-op at Conant Invitational
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Naperville North, Waubonsie Valley win at Barrington two-division relays
- Boys' BasketballFremd hands Schaumburg its 1st loss
- Palatine'He loved helping others': Wauconda High mourning teacher killed in weekend crash