Boris Johnson wins race to become UK's next prime minister
Brexit hard-liner Boris Johnson won the contest to lead Britain's governing Conservative Party on and will become the country's next prime minister.
In high-stakes Mueller hearing, there are big risks for everyoneRobert Mueller has vowed he won't go beyond what he's already written about Russia, President Donald Trump and obstruction of justice when he testifies on Wednesday, but there's a lot at stake in how much -- or how little -- he brings to life the dry specifics of his 448-page report.
Chicago leaders helped slow ICE roundup that netted 35 arrests out of 2,100 soughtAn immigration enforcement operation that President Donald Trump said was part of an effort to deport "millions" of people from the United States resulted in 35 arrests, officials said Tuesday.
Senate confirms Army veteran Mark Esper secretary of defenseIt took 7 months, but President Donald Trump finally has a Senate-confirmed secretary of defense, Army veteran Mark Esper
Pritzker signs bills aimed at protecting immigrant youthsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Tuesday signed two bills into law aimed at protecting immigrant children, just as the Trump administration announced plans to expand the use of "expedited removals" to reduce the number of immigrants in the country illegally.
Hundreds of black deaths in 1919 are being rememberedHundreds of African Americans died at the hands of white mobs during "Red Summer," but little is known nationally about this summer of violence 100 years later
A supermarket worker vanished 10 years ago. He was trapped behind a cooler the whole time.The coolers made so much noise that Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada's cries for help were likely muffled, police said.
Two police officers fired for Facebook post that suggested Ocasio-Cortez should be shotTwo Louisiana police officers were fired Monday for a Facebook post that suggested Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., should be shot.
Boris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, in his own colorful wordsBoris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, had once said his chances of becoming the country's leader were "about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."
Never-Googlers: Web users take the ultimate step to guard their dataAs reports surface regarding how the online advertising giant tracks consumers, some try to reclaim their online footsteps.
Sun-Times: Kankakee Democrats compare KKK hoods to 'MAGA' hats in Facebook postThe Kankakee County Democrats posted -- and since deleted -- an image to Facebook that compared President Donald Trump's signature "Make America Great Again" hats to hoods worn by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
- 6:29 PMPot legalization bills introduced in Congress
- 6:24 PMPakistan PM says he'll work with US on Afghanistan accord
- 6:23 PMIn Greece, floating candles mark anniversary of deadly fire
- 6:19 PMGOP, Dems offer compromise to reduce drug costs for seniors
- 6:16 PMDiplomats' brain scans show differences, add to Cuba mystery
- 6:12 PMFDA warns top marijuana company for making CBD health claims
- 6:04 PMProsecutors: Hoffman Estates man sexually assaulted female ride-share driver
More Suburban News
- ElginProsecutors: Hoffman Estates man sexually assaulted female ride-share driver
- ItascaDuPage panel supports proposed drug treatment facility in Itasca
- Lake BluffChicago man gets 17 years for Lake Bluff cellphone store robbery
- PalatinePalatine police say accused shooter seized in Mexico
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves three advisory referendums for March 2020 ballot
- EducationContract shows District 21 superintendent gets 6.3% raise
- Glendale HeightsFormer Glendale Heights man gets 30 years for sexual assault
- MundeleinMundelein board approves 10-acre annexation
- GenevaFunding lined up for long-awaited East State widening in Geneva
- LibertyvilleLibertyville Little League Baseball starting adult league
- Hanover ParkMissing Hanover Park woman located safely
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- BloomingdaleAuthorities investigating crash in Bloomingdale that leaves at least one injured
- ElginElgin police chief: Many changes this year, more in progress after shooting
- ElginPolice: 2 Streamwood men arrested in Elgin after fleeing traffic stop