Will County Chief Executive Officer
- Allen Skillicorn: Candidate profile, 66th Illinois House District
- Amy Chavez: Candidate profile, DuPage County Board District 5
- Amy Grant: Candidate profile, Illinois State House -- 42nd District
- Andrew Frasz: Candidate profile, Kane County Board District 18
- Anne Stava-Murray: Candidate profile, Illinois State House -- 81st District
- Babette Holder Youngberg: Candidate profile, DuPage County Recorder
- Barbara Hernandez: Candidate profile, Illinois House 83rd District
- Barbara O'Meara: Candidate profile, Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, District 5
- Bill Foster: Candidate profile, U.S. House, 11th District
- Bob Grogan: Candidate profile, DuPage County Auditor
- Brad Schneider: Candidate profile, U.S. House District 10
- Brad Stephens: Candidate profile, Illinois House District 20
- Brian Krajewski: Candidate profile, DuPage County Board District 3
- Brian Sager: Candidate profile, Illinois House 63rd District
- Candice Adams: Candidate profile, DuPage County circuit court clerk
- Carissa Casbon: Candidate profile, Lake County Board District 7
- Cherryl Fritz Strathmann: Candidate profile, Kane County Board District 20
- Chris Bos: Candidate profile, Illinois House 51st District
- Chris Kachiroubas: Candidate profile, DuPage County circuit court clerk
- Christopher Kasperski: Candidate profile, Illinois Senate District 31
- Cook County State's Attorney: Foxx, O'Brien face off
- Corinne Pierog: Candidate profile, Kane County Board Chair
- Dan Patlak: Candidate profile, Cook County Board of Review
- Dan Ugaste: Candidate profile, Illinois House District 65
- Dan Yost: Candidate profile, Illinois House District 61
- Danny Malouf: Candidate profile, U.S. Senate
- David J. Brown: Candidate profile, Kane County Board District 10
- David Rickert: Candidate profile, Kane County Board Chair
- Deanne Mazzochi: Candidate profile, Illinois State House -- 47th District
- Diane Pappas: Candidate profile, Illinois House 45th District
- Dick Durbin: Candidate profile, U.S. Senate
- Donald E. Puchalski: Candidate profile, DuPage County Board District 1
- Donald R. Walter: Candidate profile, Illinois State House -- 83rd District
- Douglas J. Scheflow: Candidate profile, Kane County Board District 22
- Dr. Howard Cooper: Candidate profile, Lake County coroner
- Eira L. Corral Sepúlveda: Candidate profile, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Emilia Czyszczon: Candidate profile, Lake County recorder of deeds
- Eric Rinehart: Candidate profile, Lake County state's attorney
- Erin Cartwright Weinstein: Candidate profile, Lake County circuit court clerk
- Gail Cabala-Lowry: Candidate profile, DuPage County District 3
- Gloria Schmidt Rodriguez: Candidate profile, Lake County circuit court clerk
- Grant Wehrli: Candidate profile, Illinois State House -- 41st District
- Greg Schwarze: Candidate profile, DuPage County Board District 6
- Gregory Whalen: Candidate profile for DuPage County Coroner
- Iris Martinez: Candidate profile, Cook County Circuit Court Clerk
- James "Jim" Young: Candidate profile, McHenry County Auditor
- Jamie Mosser: Candidate profile, Kane County State's Attorney
- Jan Schakowsky: Candidate profile, U.S. House 9th District
- Janet Yang Rohr: Candidate profile, Illinois State House -- 41st District
- Jarett Sanchez: Candidate profile, Kane County Board District 24
- Endorsement: Gabel for Illinois House District 18
- Endorsement: Gabel for Illinois House District 18
- Endorsement: Yes to merge Lake County recorder, clerk offices
- Endorsement: Yes on Dundee Township tax rate increase
- Endorsement: Ease our divisions, Joe Biden for president
- A summary of bar association recommendations in judicial races
- Endorsement: Sandy Wegman for Kane County recorder of deeds
- Endorsement: Theresa Barreiro for Kane County circuit clerk
- Endorsement: David Rickert for Kane County Board chair
- Endorsement: Babette Holder Youngberg for DuPage County recorder of deeds
- Endorsement: Chris Kachiroubas for DuPage County circuit court clerk.
- Endorsement: Bob Grogan for DuPage County auditor.
- Editorial: Richard Jorgensen for DuPage County coroner.
- Endorsement: Casten for Congress from Illinois Dist. 6
- Endorsement: Dick Durbin for U.S. senate
- Endorsement: Michael Rein for McHenry County coroner
- Endorsement: Iris Martinez for Cook Circuit Court clerk
- Endorsement: Dan Patlak for Cook Board of Review
- Endorsement: Pat O'Brien for Cook County state's attorney
- Endorsement: Nerheim for Lake County state's attorney
- Editorial: Gerald Ford's words of reconciliation
- Editorial: President-elect Biden and the politics of hope
- Editorial: Voters' job includes patience, restraint on Election Day
- Endorsement: A difficult "No" on graduated tax referendum
- Editorial: Don't ignore Nov. 3 ballot referendums
- Better debates require better candidates, demanding voters and a mute button
- Endorsement: Mary Ellen Vanderventer for Lake County recorder of deeds
- Endorsement: Spence for Kane County state's attorney
- Endorsement: Terry Hunt for Kane County auditor
- Endorsement: Mike Buehler for McHenry County Board chairman.
- Endorsement: McLaughlin for state House Dist. 52
- Endorsement: Keicher in the 70th House District
- Editorial: The reasoning behind our endorsements
- Endorsement: Underwood for return to Congress from District 14
- Endorsement: Tom Morrison for Illinois House in District 54
- Endorsement: Schneider for Congress from District 10
- Endorsement: Krishnamoorthi for Congress, District 8
- Endorsement: Quigley in the 5th Congressional District
- Editorial: The dawn of Election 2020
- Editorial: America is crying out for real leadership
Naperville council divided on whether proposed ethics rule would improve transparencyNov 22, 2020 11:06 PM - The Naperville City Council is divided over a proposal that would require elected officials to disclose if they received campaign contributions of more than $500 from a donor who later petitions for or against an issue brought before the council.
How the 'red mirage' gave Republicans false sense of election successNov 22, 2020 10:59 AM - Some Republicans who looked like winners on Election Day wound up losing races in a phenomenon some political observers are calling "the red mirage."
$9.6 million Antioch library renovation approved by 8 votesNov 20, 2020 7:26 PM - Supporters of the Antioch Public Library District say the incredibly close approval by voters to expand and renovate the library building is a victory for all.
Aquino to replace Garcia as Illinois presidential electorNov 20, 2020 3:17 PM - U.S. Rep. Jesus "Chuy" Garcia will not serve as a presidential elector in Illinois. Instead, he is being replaced by state Sen. Omar Aquino, the state Democratic Party confirmed, and the reason has to do with a requirement of the U.S. Constitution.
Trump, allies make frantic steps to overturn Biden's victoryNov 20, 2020 1:38 PM - Michigan state legislators headed to the White House on Friday as President Donald Trump made an extraordinary and sure-to-be futile attempt to block Joe Biden's victory in the battleground state and subvert the results of the 2020 presidential election.
Sanders, Warren under scrutiny as Biden weighs Cabinet picksNov 20, 2020 7:28 AM - Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, leaders of the Democratic Party's left wing, are at risk of being excluded from the senior ranks of President-elect Joe Biden's administration as the incoming president balances the demands of his party's progressive base against the political realities of a narrowly divided Senate.
Birthday time: Biden turns 78, will be oldest U.S. presidentNov 20, 2020 7:28 AM - President-elect Joe Biden turned 78 on Friday. In two months, he'll take the reins of a politically fractured nation facing the worst public health crisis in a century, high unemployment and a reckoning on racial injustice.
How you can get tickets to Biden's presidential inaugurationNov 18, 2020 6:14 PM - Residents of Illinois' 10th Congressional District who want to attend President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration can request tickets via U.S. Rep. Brad Schneider's website.
'Statistical dead heat': With 75-vote difference, DuPage auditor race could go to recountNov 18, 2020 5:32 PM - Just 75 votes out of nearly half a million ballots cast separate DuPage County auditor candidates, leaving the photo-finish race up in the air two weeks after Election Day.
Illinois delegates urge GSA to recognize Biden as president-electNov 18, 2020 4:37 PM - Plans are being developed in Illinois for the state's Electoral College delegates to meet in Springfield on Dec. 14, but they are being complicated by the worsening COVID-19 pandemic as well as President Donald Trump's refusal so far to concede the election.
Trump pursues recount of 2 liberal Wisconsin countiesNov 18, 2020 1:53 PM - President Donald Trump filed Wednesday for a recount of Wisconsin's two largest Democratic counties, paying the required $3 million cost and alleging that they were the sites of the "worst irregularities" although no evidence of illegal activity has been presented.
Biden's DIY transition proceeds without Trump assistanceNov 18, 2020 8:24 AM - President Donald Trump's refusal to cooperate with his successor is forcing President-elect Joe Biden to seek unusual workarounds to prepare for the exploding public health threat and evolving national security challenges he will inherit in just nine weeks.
Democrats see huge gains in Lake County government now that all the votes are countedNov 17, 2020 10:47 PM - Two weeks after the counting began in Lake County it is finally over and the Lake Co. Democrats have won nearly every race, according to unofficial totals. Democrats won all four races for countywide elected offices and in seven of the eight Lake County Board district races on the Nov. 3 ballot.
Murphy's choice: Fed official has say on transition launchNov 17, 2020 12:42 PM - The head of an obscure federal agency that is holding up the presidential transition knew well before Election Day that she might soon have a messy situation on her hands.
Trump campaign lawsuit in Pennsylvania vote heads to courtNov 17, 2020 12:42 PM - A hearing on the Trump campaign's federal lawsuit seeking to prevent Pennsylvania officials from certifying the vote results was set to begin Tuesday after a judge denied the campaign's new lawyer's request for a delay.
Darch, incumbent trustees and clerk form reelection slate in BarringtonNov 17, 2020 9:59 AM - Barrington Village President Karen Darch, three incumbent village trustees and Village Clerk Tony Ciganek will run for reelection in the spring as part of a slate they're calling "Barrington Forward."
Americans across party lines, regions embrace marijuanaNov 16, 2020 11:04 AM - The 2020 election helped prove how broadly accepted marijuana has become throughout the United States, with measures to legalize recreational pot also breezing to victory in progressive New Jersey, moderate Arizona and conservative Montana. Fifteen states have now broadly legalized it, while 36 states allow medical marijuana.
Contested races emerge on first filing day in DuPage and Kane townsNov 23, 2020 10:55 AM - Mayoral and city council hopefuls in DuPage and Kane counties officially launched their campaigns Monday with the start of candidate filing to appear on the spring ballot.
Longtime Hoffman Estates mayor faces reelection challengesNov 16, 2020 5:51 PM - Longtime Hoffman Estates Mayor Bill McLeod will face a pair of challengers as he seeks his sixth term as the village's top elected official in the spring election.
Trump campaign drops key request in Pennsylvania lawsuitNov 16, 2020 11:04 AM - resident Donald Trump's campaign is withdrawing a central request in its lawsuit seeking to stop the certification of the election results in Pennsylvania, where Democrat Joe Biden beat Trump to capture the state and help win the White House.
Trump tweets words 'he won'; says vote rigged, not concedingNov 16, 2020 10:39 AM - President Donald Trump worked to take back an apparent acknowledgment that Joe Biden won the White House and was making clear he would keep trying to overturn the election result.
4 changes in Libertyville leadership guaranteedNov 16, 2020 8:37 AM - Libertyville Mayor Terry Weppler and three incumbent trustees will not be running for reelection in April, bringing about the kind of change on the board that ushered most of them into office more than a decade ago.
Suburban voters saying yes to marijuana sales, but some concerns persistNov 14, 2020 5:03 PM - Voter approval of recreational marijuana sales in the suburbs this year is a sign that public acceptance of the long-illegal substance has turned a corner, industry experts and some elected officials say.
Want to run for District 220 board? Get info WednesdayNov 15, 2020 9:16 AM - Former school board members in Barrington Area Unit District 220 will hold an informational meeting Wednesday for people interested in running for the four board seats at stake in the April 6 election.
Though returns show Oberweis losing to Underwood, he appears in Washington for orientationNov 13, 2020 7:09 PM - Republican 14th Congressional District challenger Jim Oberweis was in Washington for a new-member orientation meeting despite unofficial results showing he lost the race to Democratic incumbent Lauren Underwood.