Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman sentenced to life in prison
The Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has been sentenced to life behind bars in a U.S. prison, a humbling end for a drug lord once notorious for his ability to kill, bribe or tunnel his way out of trouble.
Federal data shows opioid shipments ballooned as crisis grewNewly released federal data shows that drug companies shipped more prescription opioids as an overdose crisis grew
Netanyahu makes history as Israel's longest-serving leaderNetanyahu makes history as Israel's longest-serving prime minister ever, passing founding father David Ben-Gurion.
California man sentenced for murdering couple he found camping on the beach in 2004The young couple were found on a secluded sliver of shoreline north of Jenner, California, zipped into sleeping bags. Each had been killed by a single shot, fired at close range. Their Bible lay close by, just out of reach of the pounding surf.
A barefoot woman scaled the face of Mount Rushmore, officials say. She almost made it to the top.She clung to the sheer rock face barefoot with no safety ropes or climbing gear in sight. To her left, the enormous stone head of George Washington protruded from the side of the granite mountain. An equally impressive likeness of Thomas Jefferson boxed her in from the right.
Savory sushi tempts 2 penguins to nest at New Zealand storeTwo little blue penguins just couldn't stay away from a New Zealand sushi store, returning to nest underneath even after police had captured them and escorted them back to the ocean
Chicago aquarium officials determine sex of Beluga calfOfficials with Chicago's Shedd Aquarium say a Beluga whale calf born less than two weeks ago is a boy
City hopes 'Baby Shark' song will drive homeless from parkOfficials in West Palm Beach are hoping a continuous loop of children's songs played throughout the night will keep homeless people from sleeping in a city park
2019 Officer White Scholarship awarded to Katharine MarshallThe 2019 Officer David White Scholarship recently was awarded to Katharine Marshall, daughter of Naperville Police Chief Robert Marshall.
The Latest: House derails move to impeach Trump for insultsHouse derails an effort by a maverick Democrat to impeach President Donald Trump because of his racial insults against congresswomen
Commerce chief Ross calls contempt vote 'political theater'Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says a House vote to hold him and Attorney General William Barr in contempt of Congress is nothing more than "political theater"
Data shows flood of opioids across US, many of them genericsThe maker of OxyContin has been cast as the chief villain in the nation's opioid crisis. But newly released government figures suggest Purdue Pharma had plenty of help in flooding the U.S. with billions of pills
- 4:51 PMNew artificial turf caps improvements at Barrington High stadium
- 4:50 PMDe Blasio beats back calls to fire officer in Garner death
- 4:45 PMBartlett seeks more data before decision on pot sales
- 4:41 PMWinners overlook rigged games' lack of fairness, study finds
- 4:39 PMIsland Lake board slashes spending for new fiscal year
- 4:36 PMKirk Players to host auditions in August
- 4:36 PMAnnual Barrington Sale Days returning next week
More Suburban News
- BartlettBartlett seeks more data before decision on pot sales
- AntiochLake Geneva woman charged with robbing Antioch Taco Bell sentenced to probation
- NapervilleNaperville votes to 'protect the brand,' banning recreational pot sales
- NewsIn lieu of grade level centers, Dist. 26 goes with centralized kindergarten
- St. CharlesRomeoville man critically injured, charged with DUI after crashing into St. Charles building
- Lombard'I'm going to slash all four tires!': Clerk gets 2 years in prison for Lombard hate crime
- Island LakeIsland Lake board slashes spending for new fiscal year
- PalatineJimmy John's driver's car stolen during delivery in Palatine
- Des PlainesMedical examiner: South Barrington woman's 2000 drowning death a homicide
- NapervilleNaperville man charged with criminal damage to property
- St. CharlesTwo St. Charles organizations merge to strengthen 'community brand'
- EducationBatavia school board seeks replacement trustee
- NapervilleNaperville buying land to widen North Aurora Road
- AuroraAurora man gets 30 years in 2015 robbery plot
- LombardDuPage secures court order to disband Lombard-area sanitary district