Court to release grand jury record in Breonna Taylor case
Kentucky's attorney general acknowledged that he never recommended homicide charges against any of the police officers conducting the drug raid that led to Breonna Taylor's death, and said he didn't object to a judge's order to publicly release the grand jury's deliberations.
Analysis: In debate, a last chance for Trump to define BidenAs a presidential candidate in 2016, Donald Trump seized control of the White House race and never let go. He masterfully defined and denigrated his opponents with cutting nicknames and a say-anything debate style, and repeatedly drew his rivals into the controversies he created.
Ethics experts see national security concern in Trump's debtRevelations that President Donald Trump is personally liable for more than $400 million in debt are casting a shadow over his presidency that ethics experts say raises national security concerns he could be manipulated to sway U.S. policy by organizations or individuals he's indebted to.
WHO, partners roll out faster COVID tests for poorer nationsThe World Health Organization announced Monday that it and leading partners have agreed to a plan to roll out 120 million rapid-diagnostic tests for the coronavirus to help lower- and middle-income countries make up ground in a testing gap with richer countries -- even if it's not fully funded yet.
New York City elementary schools reopen in big back-to-school testElementary school students went back to classrooms across New York City on Tuesday in a high-stakes test for the nation's biggest public school system even as the mayor warned that a recent rise in coronavirus cases was "cause for real concern."
Worldwide grief: Death toll from coronavirus tops 1 millionNow, 8 1/2 months after an infection doctors had never seen before claimed its first victims in China, the pandemic's confirmed death toll has eclipsed 1 million, according to a count by Johns Hopkins University.
5 questions heading into Trump and Biden's first debate. Watch live at dailyherald.com tonight.President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, will meet on the debate stage for the first time Tuesday night in Cleveland. You can watch live coverage here starting at 5 p.m., with the candidates taking the stage at 8 p.m.
Titans have NFL's first COVID-19 outbreak, with 8 positivesThe Tennessee Titans suspended in-person activities through Friday after the NFL says three Titans players and five other personnel tested positive for the coronavirus.
AP Analysis: Dark days ahead for Lebanon as crisis bitesAn economic meltdown, mass protests, financial collapse, a virus outbreak and a cataclysmic explosion that virtually wiped out the country's main port
Assange may end up at Colorado Supermax jail, UK court toldA witness at London's Old Bailey court says WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange would have to be 'almost dying' to get out of arguably the most notorious prison in the United States if convicted of espionage charges and sent there
18 COVID-19 cases tied to Elmhurst Orangetheory gymThe DuPage County Health Department is investigating COVID-19 cases linked to an Elmhurst fitness studio.
Wisconsin justices weigh removal of 130K from voter rollsThe Wisconsin Supreme Court is weighing whether to go along with conservatives who argue that 130,000 voters should be removed from the polls in the hotly contested presidential battleground state
- 7:01 PMLawyer for Flynn says she updated Trump on status of case
- 7:00 PMFormer ComEd vice president pleads guilty in bribery scheme
- 6:29 PMPearl Harbor shooting probe finds mental health care flaws
- 6:23 PMCOD hosting virtual tour of murals in Chicago neighborhood
- 6:13 PMCourt to release grand jury record in Breonna Taylor case
- 6:00 PMFederal appeals court upholds six-day extension for counting ballots in battleground Wisconsin, handing Democrats a win.
- 5:57 PMNovember auction set for MacMurray College campus
More Suburban News
- NewsLongtime District 25 board member David Page steps down
- AuroraIdentities released in suspected Aurora murder-suicide
- News18 COVID-19 cases tied to Elmhurst Orangetheory gym
- BataviaOSHA investigating landscape worker's death in Batavia
- NapervilleNaperville police searching for man who robbed pizza delivery driver
- Cook CountyAlliance of Bar Associations shares Cook County judicial recommendations
- PalatinePalatine firefighters memorial ceremony Thursday
- Glen EllynMural marks Glen Ellyn as center of the coming Fridamania
- BusinessIndoor climbing facility could be coming to Arlington Downs with help from tax break
- EducationU-46 leaders discuss evolving plan for return to classrooms
- St. CharlesThousands of Trump supporters attend rally Sunday at Kane County Fairgrounds
- PoliticsGOP House candidate wants to end Medicare, Medicaid
- PoliticsUnderwood, Oberweis spar over gun control, immigration
- Hawthorn WoodsDevastating diagnosis sparks a singular mission for Hawthorn Woods woman
- Glen EllynCOD hosting virtual tour of murals in Chicago neighborhood