COVID delay: New coronavirus relief may slip past election
Congress is quickly moving past the point at which it can deliver more coronavirus relief before the election, with differences between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, her Senate Republican rivals and President Donald Trump proving durable despite the glaring needs of the country.
Vaccine storage issues could leave 3 billion people without accessFrom factory to syringe, the world's most promising coronavirus vaccine candidates need non-stop sterile refrigeration to stay potent and safe. But despite enormous strides in equipping developing countries to maintain the vaccine "cold chain," nearly 3 billion of the world's 7.8 billion people live where temperature-controlled storage is insufficient for an immunization campaign to bring COVID-19 under control.
As virus surges, Iran breaks one-day record for deaths againIran's single-day death toll from the coronavirus smashed a record set less than a week ago, with 337 dead confirmed Monday as a resurgence of infections is overwhelming hospitals.
World struggles as confirmed COVID-19 cases pass 40 millionThe number of confirmed COVID-19 cases across the planet has surpassed 40 million, but experts say that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the true impact of the pandemic that has upended life and work around the world.
Poll: 1 in 4 US workers have weighed quittingA quarter of U.S. workers say they have even considered quitting their jobs as worries related to the pandemic weigh on them, according to a new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research in collaboration with the software company SAP. A fifth say they have taken leave.
Early in-person voting begins in key swing state of FloridaFloridians began early voting in much of the state Monday with no serious problems reported as the Trump campaign tries to cut into an early advantage Democrats have posted in mail-in votes in the key swing state.
Inside the 'Malarkey Factory,' Biden's online war roomJoe Biden's campaign has quietly built a multimillion-dollar operation over the past two months that's largely designed to combat misinformation online, aiming to rebut President Donald Trump while bracing for any information warfare that could take place in the aftermath of the election.
Some states allow ballots if voters die before Election DayAt 90 years old and living through a global pandemic, Hannah Carson knows time may be short. She wasted no time returning her absentee ballot for this year's election.
Trump, Biden go on offense in states they're trying to flipPresident Donald Trump and Democratic rival Joe Biden went on offense over the weekend as both campaigned in states they are trying to flip during the Nov. 3 election, just over two weeks away.
India army apprehends Chinese soldier amid military standoffThe Indian military says it apprehended a Chinese soldier in the remote Ladakh region, where the two countries are locked in a monthslong military standoff along their disputed mountain border
Iran again breaks its single-day record for virus deathsIran says it again breaks the record for its highest single-day death toll from the coronavirus with 337 people dead
Taiwanese, Chinese staffers injured after clash in FijiChina and Taiwan are trading accusations over a fight between Chinese diplomats and Taiwan government employees at a reception in Fiji celebrating Taiwan's National Day
- 11:02 AMNigeria's anti-police protesters storm prison, free inmates
- 10:57 AMJudge puts Wisconsin capacity limit order back into effect
- 10:52 AMGlenview police investigating Sunday hit-and-run
- 10:52 AMWisconsin judge reimposes order limiting capacity of indoor gatherings amid surging virus
- 10:48 AMVirus worry prompts Indiana governor debate format change
- 10:32 AMSome states allow ballots if voters die before Election Day
- 10:11 AMJohn Oliver now has a sewage plant named after him
More Suburban News
- LibertyvilleRegion's oldest charity hosts tent sale in Libertyville
- AuroraTwo Oakton women employees earn national "40 under 40" award
- NapervilleFun Fall Family Day set for Oct. 24 in downtown Naperville
- NapervilleFederal judge orders 'Cheer' star Jerry Harris held behind bars while awaiting trial
- Kane CountyHealth survey open to Kane County residents
- McHenry CountyChild Advocacy Center of McHenry County raises money for comfort dog's surgery, recovery
- St. CharlesSt. Charles volunteers thinking spring with Project Daffodil
- AuroraMissing Aurora man located, police report
- StreamwoodBarrington Road closed by Walmart in Streamwood for spill cleanup
- RosemontGarage parking spots no longer reserved for moviegoers in Rosemont
- NapervilleNaperville police question people of interest after shots fired in apartment
- LombardPolice say Texas men used blowtorch in Chick-fil-A burglary
- PalatineGolf outing funds foundation honoring Palatine High student who died in accident
- NewsGlenview police investigating Sunday hit-and-run
- EducationRising virus cases in DuPage County close Elmhurst schools
Through the Film Magnifier: Chubby Checker, Harrison Ford, Astronaut Jim Lovell and Dance Fever contestants