Iran says it seized British oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz
Iran said Friday it seized a British oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz, a fresh escalation in confrontations in the strategic waterway that has become a flashpoint in tensions between Tehran and the West.
After distancing himself from hostile chant, Trump calls rally supporters 'incredible patriots'In morning tweets, the president said reporters should be more focused on the "vile and disgusting" statements by minority congresswomen he had repeatedly attacked.
The Soviets tried to beat Apollo 11. They crashed a spacecraft on the moon instead.Luna 15 plummeted toward the moon on July 21, crashed into a mountain and cratered near the aptly named Sea of Crises - all before Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin even left the surface.
Trump effect the top question in Virginia's key electionsOne key question hovers over this year's closely watched Virginia legislative elections: Has the Trump effect that helped Democrats two years ago worn off
He was deemed too old to be dangerous. Now, at 77, he's been convicted of another murder."I firmly believe this could have been prevented," Elsie Clement, whose mother was murdered by Albert Flick, told a newspaper. "There is no reason this man should have been on the streets in the first place, no reason."
Trump picks son of late Justice Scalia for labor secretaryPresident Donald Trump says he will nominate lawyer Eugene Scalia, son of the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, to be his new labor secretary
South Korean dies from self-immolation near Japan's embassyA 78-year-old South Korean man has died hours after setting himself ablaze near the Japanese Embassy in Seoul, at a time of worsening tensions between Seoul and Tokyo
Germany honors resisters who tried to assassinate HitlerGermany is marking the 75th anniversary of the most famous plot to kill Adolf Hitler, after decades in which the resistance against the Nazis has gradually come to be viewed as a cornerstone of the country's modern history
Dutch Supreme Court upholds Srebrenica deaths liabilityThe Dutch Supreme Court on Friday upheld a lower court's ruling that the Netherlands is partially liable in the deaths of some 350 Muslim men who were murdered by Bosnian Serb forces during the 1995 Srebrenica massacre
1 year later: An account of the Missouri duck boat sinkingThe account is based on a timeline built in lawsuits, indictments, a report from the National Transportation Safety Boardand witness interviews at the time.
2020 Dems grapple with how to pay for 'Medicare for All'Democratic presidential hopefuls campaigning on 'Medicare for All' grapple with a thorny question: how to pay for it
Australia 'deeply disappointed' China criminally detains manAustralia's foreign minister "deeply disappointed" over detention of Chinese-Australian writer
- 2:05 PMMueller probe witness now faces child sex trafficking charge
- 2:01 PMTeen rapper Tay-K convicted of murder in Texas home invasion
- 2:00 PMAppeals court upholds Trump move to drop mine pollution rule
- 1:58 PMUS stocks wobble as companies turn in mixed earnings reports
- 1:51 PMAsk a lawyer, free of charge at the Cook Park Library
- 1:51 PMVacancy on Wauconda Township board
- 1:51 PMOpen house about Lincolnshire flooding
More Suburban News
- EducationDistrict 211 approves $17,900 contract for superintendent search
- Campton HillsCampton Township, preservationists pleased that historic schoolhouse will stay put
- Mount Prospect2 Chicago men charged in Mt. Prospect burglary
- Glendale HeightsGlendale Heights woman charged in elaborate identify theft scheme
- St. CharlesKane County Fair continues steamy run through Sunday
- ElginResidents decry letter from Elgin Twp. as endorsement of vendor
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove approves change in Link Crossing agreement
- Lake CountySex assault and child porn suspect indicted
- NapervilleNaperville wants your input on intersection plan
- Addison3 DuPage Democrats want county to permit recreational cannabis sales
- St. CharlesSt. Charles family business among those helping NASA reach the stars
- CarpentersvilleElgin veteran honors military, first responders with flag displays
- WaucondaVacancy on Wauconda Township board
- LincolnshireOpen house about Lincolnshire flooding
- Lake CountyWilson/Nippersink road project work continues