Fact-check: Biden's claim that 'almost half' of Americans live in poverty
We surveyed several leading researchers on poverty, and almost all agreed Biden was including people who are not poor.
Boeing eyes more 737 Max sales after post-crash droughtBoeing says it is discussing possible sales of the 737 Max with several customers around the world as it tries to rebuild trust after two deadly crashes
Schakowsky, Casten join calls for Trump impeachmentSuburban members of Congress Rep. Jan Schakowsky and Rep. Sean Casten are joining a slowly growing group calling for impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump.
China rejects threats, tariffs as way to resolve trade warChina's Commerce Ministry says officials on both sides are preparing for a meeting of Presidents Donald Trump and Xi Jinping next week in Osaka, but that threats and tariffs will not resolve trade tensions between the two biggest economies
Meet the New York couple donating millions to the anti-vax movementHedge fund manager and philanthropist Bernard Selz and his wife, Lisa, have long donated to organizations focused on the arts, culture, education and the environment. But seven years ago, their private foundation embraced a very different cause: groups that question the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.
Ex-Senate staffer sentenced to 4 years for 'doxing' GOP senatorsA U.S. judge on Wednesday sentenced a former Democratic Senate staff member to four years in prison for a burglary and hacking campaign that culminated in the single largest known theft of electronic data from the Senate and the posting of private information about Republican senators on the Internet.
American charged with spying in Russia appeals to TrumpAn American man kept behind bars in Russia on spying charges has appealed to U.S. President Donald Trump for help
Netflix's first Arabic original causes controversy in JordanJordan officials, complaining of offense to public morals, threaten to block access to Netflix's first Arabic original series 'Jinn' in the kingdom
Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee to offer water park-only passes, rankling Great America execStarting Friday, you won't have to be a hotel guest to swim and splash at Great Wolf Lodge's indoor water park in Gurnee. The chain has gotten the village's OK to sell day passes.
Former assistant to Geneva attorney gets 4½ years prison for 'pure greed' in $75K theftCalling it a crime of "pure greed," a Kane County judge sentenced a Bartlett man to 4½ years in prison Thursday for stealing more than $75,000 from a Geneva attorney while working as his personal assistant.
Editorial: More elections are not the answerThis Daily Herald editorial says there's no good reason to add more local elections to the calendar; just get voters more interested in the ones they already have.
- 6:01 PMNRA sues ex-president Oliver North, saying he harmed the NRA
- 5:52 PMGovernor sends police after GOP senators who fled Capitol
- 5:37 PMMan pleads not guilty to murder of Round Lake Beach woman
- 5:35 PMPlot that wounded Ortiz unraveled because of many mistakes
- 5:33 PMWaukegan man accused of trying to sell stolen equipment to owner
- 5:30 PMMan sentenced for fatal shooting near police headquarters
- 5:29 PMSelect few allowed to swim in Hearst Castle pools
More Suburban News
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove Environmental Action Team turns 10
- RoselleDuPage may require background checks, inspections for adult businesses
- Glen EllynTwo redevelopment proposals floated for McChesney site in Glen Ellyn
- Aurora4½ years prison for Aurora man charged with spying on ex with hidden cameras, secret GPS
- ElginGretchen Vapnar opposed Elgin domestic violence shelter in the '70s. Now it's named after her.
- WaukeganWaukegan man accused of trying to sell stolen equipment to owner
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect business shuts down amid 'burnt cheese' odor complaints
- Des PlainesGurnee man accused of shooting two people in Maine Township
- BloomingdaleState's attorney: Bloomingdale officers justified in fatal shooting of Carol Stream man
- SchaumburgSchaumburg man died from multiple gunshot wounds
- Rolling MeadowsRunner-up in Rolling Meadows mayoral race wants a primary next time
- WheatonChristopher Zaruba recommended for vacant Wheaton City Council seat
- NapervilleNaperville begins transformation of last large open space into new park
- NapervilleNaperville seeking 'ample time' for recreational pot sales debate
- BarringtonBarrington manufacturer donates $1.3 million in gear, training to ECC
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more