WHO staff complaint, email allege racism and abuse in Asia
Staffers at the World Health Organization have alleged the U.N. health agency's top director in the Western Pacific engaged in unethical, racist, and abusive behavior that has undermined its efforts to curb the coronavirus pandemic, according to an internal complaint filed last October
S. Korea expert defends use of rapid tests as omicron surgesSouth Korea's top infectious disease expert is defending the move to expand the use of rapid testing despite accuracy concerns as the country broke its daily coronavirus record for the third straight day
Firefighter: Floyd 'needed help and wasn't getting it'First it was a paramedic, testifying that the officers who restrained George Floyd didn't call in critical information as his ambulance rushed to the scene where Floyd would soon be pronounced dead
Fallen officers sought bridges between NYPD, communitiesNew York Police Officer Jason Rivera was no stranger to the tensions between police and some communities
Biden's big test: Proving he can rally allies against PutinPresident Joe Biden's effort to rally support, both at home and abroad, ahead of a potential Russian invasion of Ukraine is just the latest big test of his ability to bridge ideological gaps and balance competing interests to build effective coalitions.
Russia threatens retaliation if Ukraine demands not metThe U.S. has made no concessions to the main Russian demands over Ukraine and NATO in a long-awaited written response delivered to Russia on Wednesday in Moscow, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said.
Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pickLiberal Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring, giving President Joe Biden an opening he has pledged to fill by naming the first Black woman to the high court, two sources told The Associated Press Wednesday.
Thailand deploys more assets as oil slick threatens beachesAn aircraft from a company specializing in recoveries from oil spills has arrived from Malaysia to join an urgent effort to clean up an oil slick before it could hit beaches in eastern Thailand
Oklahoma prepares to execute man for 2001 hotel slayingsOklahoma is preparing to execute a man for the brutal slayings of two hotel workers during a robbery in 2001
Jordanian military kills 27 in shootout with Syria smugglersThe Jordanian military says its troops have killed 27 suspected smugglers attempting to enter the country from neighboring Syria
Erdogan says Israeli president to visit Turkey next monthTurkey's president says his Israeli counterpart, Isaac Herzog, is expected to visit Turkey next month as the two countries move to heal rifts
- 8:19 AMDozens of armed militants still hold corner of Syria prison
- 8:16 AMWorld remembers Holocaust as antisemitism rises in pandemic
- 6:34 AMFeder: Lite FM sets ratings record with Christmas music
- 4:32 AMNorth Korea fires 2 suspected missiles in 6th launch in 2022
- 2:41 AMJordan kills 27 suspected drug smugglers trying to enter the country from Syria, military reports
- 12:00 AMToday in History
- 11:21 PMThere were no injuries from an attic fire Wednesday night in Prospect Heights.
More Suburban News
- Prospect HeightsThere were no injuries from an attic fire Wednesday night in Prospect Heights.
- BloomingdaleNew plan for Stratford Square area expected to be unveiled in March
- Mount ProspectPalatine man charged in Mt. Prospect burglary
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect places Community Engagement Committee on pause
- St. CharlesNo injuries in downtown St. Charles fire
- Pingree GroveNo injuries reported in Pingree Grove warehouse fire
- SchaumburgSchaumburg changing aviation services provider at airport for first time
- GrayslakeRound Lake-area driver charged in crash that killed Grayslake man
- Kane CountyKane County tax increases back on the table in time for local elections
- NewsRiver Trails District 26 superintendent stepping down
- PalatinePark Ridge man charged with stalking ex-girlfriend with car tracking device
- BataviaBatavia City Council approves new downtown kiosks to promote local businesses
- NapervilleNaperville Helps Campaign relaunching
- NewsMaple School students 'Bake for Good' in Family and Consumer Science class
- NewsNorthfield Township Board approves Oakton College scholarship