Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to Jan. 6 panel
Pat Cipollone, Donald Trump's former White House counsel, is scheduled to testify Friday before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to a person briefed on the matter.
Judges keeping Capitol riot trials in DC amid bias claimsA growing number of Capitol riot defendants are pushing to get their trials moved out of Washington. They claim they can't get a fair trial before unbiased jurors in the District of Columbia.
Some Russians won't halt war protests, despite arrest fearsDespite a massive government crackdown on protests of the invasion of Ukraine, some Russians persist in speaking out against the invasion
UK's Johnson vows to stay in office after top ministers quitA defiant British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is battling to stay in power after his government was rocked by the resignation of two top ministers
EXPLAINER: Factors behind Sydney's recent flood emergenciesParts of Australia's largest city have been inundated by four major floods since March last year, leaving weary residents questioning how many times they can rebuild
Cairo's historic Nile River houseboats removed in govt pushAn Egyptian government push to remove the string of houseboats that dot Cairo's Nile River banks has seen their numbers dwindle from several dozen to just a handful
Today in History: July 6, Richard III is crownedToday in History Today is Wednesday, July 6, the 187th day of 2022. There are 178 days left in the year.
Highland Park mass shooting suspect to be held without chance of bailThe 21-year-old Highwood man accused of carrying out a mass shooting during the Highland Park Independence Day parade Monday will be held in Lake County jail without bail, a judge ordered Wednesday morning.
Volunteers sought for Naperville's Last FlingThe Naperville Jaycees are seeking volunteers to help run the Last Fling event Labor Day weekend.
Resident injured when mulch ignites inside Palatine garageOne person was injured when Palatine fire officials say a bag of mulch ignited inside an attached garage of a home early Sunday morning.
Man 'severely burned' trying to extinguish grease fire inside Aurora apartmentOne person suffered severe burns trying to extinguish a grease fire in an Aurora apartment Monday afternoon.
FBI opening family assistance center for victims of Highland Park shootingThe FBI has opened a family assistance center in Highland Park to assist people physically or emotionally affected by Monday's mass shooting. Personal items left along the parade route after the shooting also will be available for retrieval at the center.
- 10:45 AMPolice outline how Highland Park suspect amassed arsenal despite troubling history
- 10:28 AMFBI opening family assistance center for victims of Highland Park shooting
- 10:23 AMPolice: July 4 mass shooting thwarted in Virginia's capital
- 10:19 AMWisconsin court: Sex trafficking can be defense for homicide
- 10:15 AMFavorable weather helps fight against California forest fire
- 9:58 AMEditorial Roundup: United States
- 9:45 AM'This should never have happened': Harris speaks to Highland Park residents at scene of tragedy
More Suburban News
- PalatineResident injured when mulch ignites inside Palatine garage
- AuroraMan 'severely burned' trying to extinguish grease fire inside Aurora apartment
- Downers GrovePolice say man shot at vehicle in Downers Grove
- LombardLombard fire officials believe lightning caused blaze that killed family's cat
- Kane CountyMan killed, woman injured in ATV crash in Kane County
- AlgonquinLake in the Hills' Rockin' Ribfest serves up food, music
- NapervilleNaperville 203 names new principal at Ranch View Elementary School
- NapervilleNaperville updates code of conduct to include board, commission members
- NapervilleVolunteers sought for Naperville's Last Fling
- NewsEarly morning Crystal Lake house fire causes $225,000 in damage
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village launching new service request app
- Long GroveChicago Baseball Cancer Charities golf event is back in business
- Crime'It's terrible, so terrible': What bystanders saw and heard during Highland Park July 4 shooting
- Crime'Nothing short of horrific': Highland Park residents, officials react to parade shooting
- StreamwoodStreamwood man dies after two-vehicle crash near La Grange Tuesday