Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to Jan. 6 panel
Pat Cipollone, Donald Trump's former White House counsel, is scheduled to testify Friday before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to a person briefed on the matter.
Judges keeping Capitol riot trials in DC amid bias claimsA growing number of Capitol riot defendants are pushing to get their trials moved out of Washington. They claim they can't get a fair trial before unbiased jurors in the District of Columbia.
Some Russians won't halt war protests, despite arrest fearsDespite a massive government crackdown on protests of the invasion of Ukraine, some Russians persist in speaking out against the invasion
UK's Johnson vows to stay in office after top ministers quitA defiant British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is battling to stay in power after his government was rocked by the resignation of two top ministers
EXPLAINER: Factors behind Sydney's recent flood emergenciesParts of Australia's largest city have been inundated by four major floods since March last year, leaving weary residents questioning how many times they can rebuild
Cairo's historic Nile River houseboats removed in govt pushAn Egyptian government push to remove the string of houseboats that dot Cairo's Nile River banks has seen their numbers dwindle from several dozen to just a handful
Today in History: July 6, Richard III is crownedToday in History Today is Wednesday, July 6, the 187th day of 2022. There are 178 days left in the year.
Wisconsin court: Sex trafficking can be defense for homicideThe Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled that a woman may cite sex trafficking as an immunity defense at her trial for killing her alleged trafficker
Waukegan man identified as seventh parade shooting victimAuthorities this morning identified a 69-year-old Waukegan man as the seventh person killed in Monday's mass shooting at the Highland Park Independence Day parade.
Roselle celebrating 100 years with House & Garden Walk July 9In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Village of Roselle, the Roselle Park District Garden Club and the Village of Roselle Centennial House Walk Committee are hosting a House and Garden Walk on Saturday, July 9.
Syrians fear effects of Russia blocking aid to rebel areaSyrians in the last major rebel stronghold of the war-torn country are living in fear of the effects of Russia closing down the only border crossing into the northwestern province of Idlib
- 11:38 AMProsecutors: Highland Park mass shooting suspect contemplated second attack in Wisconsin
- 11:38 AMContact restored with NASA spacecraft headed to lunar orbit
- 11:30 AMPolice: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- 11:15 AMPolice outline how Highland Park suspect amassed arsenal despite troubling history
- 10:58 AMFather died protecting 2-year-old son from shooting at Highland Park parade
- 10:57 AMUkraine's shadow: Deadly crises like Somalia starved of aid
- 10:56 AM'What can I do to help?': Highland Park doctor jumps in to help wounded along parade route
More Suburban News
- AuroraMan 'severely burned' trying to extinguish grease fire inside Aurora apartment
- PalatineResident injured when mulch ignites inside Palatine garage
- NapervilleVolunteers sought for Naperville's Last Fling
- AddisonFestivals July 8-14: Rockin' Rotary Ribfest, Dog Days of Summer, Kane County Fair & more
- Kane CountyMan killed, woman injured in ATV crash in Kane County
- AlgonquinLake in the Hills' Rockin' Ribfest serves up food, music
- NapervilleNaperville 203 names new principal at Ranch View Elementary School
- NewsEarly morning Crystal Lake house fire causes $225,000 in damage
- NapervilleNaperville updates code of conduct to include board, commission members
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village launching new service request app
- Downers GrovePolice say man shot at vehicle in Downers Grove
- Long GroveChicago Baseball Cancer Charities golf event is back in business
- LombardLombard fire officials believe lightning caused blaze that killed family's cat
- Hoffman EstatesThe Arboretum of South Barrington sold to Hoffman Estates-based Heidner Properties
- BarringtonBarrington High School improvements get OK from village board