FBI's search of Trump's Florida estate: Why now?
The FBI searched Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate as part of an investigation into whether he took classified records from the White House to his Florida residence, people familiar with the matter said, a dramatic and unprecedented escalation of law enforcement scrutiny of the former president.
Albuquerque police detain suspect in killing of 4 Muslim menPolice announced Tuesday that they have detained a "primary suspect" in the killings of four Muslim men in Albuquerque, New Mexico, whose deaths sparked fear in Muslim communities nationwide.
Learning from failures: How Biden scored win on climate planOver the last year, President Joe Biden watched pieces of his domestic agenda get thrown overboard in an effort to keep it afloat. Free community college, child care funding, expanded preschool -- all left behind. But there was at least one critical piece that emerged largely intact, albeit not unscathed. The legislation approved by the Senate over the weekend includes nearly $400 billion for clean energy initiatives, the country's largest-ever investment in fighting global warming.
Biden signs $280 billion CHIPS act in bid to boost US over ChinaPresident Joe Biden on Tuesday signed a $280 billion bipartisan bill to boost domestic high-tech manufacturing, part of his administration's push to boost U.S. competitiveness over China.
Taiwan warns China drills show ambitions beyond islandTaiwan warned Tuesday that Chinese military drills aren't just a rehearsal for an invasion of the self-governing island but also reflect ambitions to control large swaths of the western Pacific, as Taipei conducted its own exercises to underscore it's ready to defend itself.
Large explosions rock Russian military air base in CrimeaPowerful explosions rocked a Russian air base in Crimea and sent towering clouds of smoke over the landscape Tuesday in what may mark an escalation of the war in Ukraine. At least one person was killed and several others were wounded, authorities said.
Serena Williams says she is 'evolving away from tennis'Serena Williams says she is preparing to step away from tennis after winning 23 Grand Slam titles, turning her focus to having another child and her business interests.
Albuquerque police seek car in killings of 4 Muslim menAuthorities have identified the fourth victim in a series of killings of Muslim men in New Mexico's largest city as the deaths sent ripples of fear throughout the Islamic community nationwide
Gabby Petito's family files claim alleging police failed herGabby Petito's family has notified Utah officials that they plan to file a wrongful death lawsuit alleging police failed to recognize she was in a life-threatening situation last year when they investigated a fight between her and her boyfriend
Major test of first possible Lyme vaccine in 20 years beginsResearchers are seeking thousands of volunteers in the U.S. and Europe to test the first potential vaccine against Lyme disease in 20 years
Pope encourages Cuban search crews after Matanzas blazePope Francis is offering support to firefighters and search crews in Cuba following explosions at a big oil tank farm in the western province of Matanzas
Study connects climate hazards to 58% of infectious diseasesA new study finds climate hazards aggravate 58% of known infection diseases in people
- 2:25 PMNaperville police seeking information after responding to shots fired report
- 1:14 PM'She was my love, my best friend, my life': Family, friends mourn girl killed in I-90 crash
- 12:31 PMDistrict 303 school board drops Citizen Advisory Committee as district launches community engagement plan
- 12:18 PMGlen Ellyn Historical Society welcomes fall season with mum sale
- 12:17 PMComEd to address recurring outages in Hoffman Estates
- 12:17 PMSuburban park district dance troupes performing benefit show for Highland Park
- 11:25 AMImages: North Shore residents take Northbrook Days for a spin
More Suburban News
- HainesvilleHainesville man fatally shot in Waukegan identified
- Buffalo GroveWheeling, Buffalo Grove and Lombard among towns adding EV charging stations through new grants
- PalatineNew Pace bus route links Schaumburg destinations with Harper College
- NapervilleMan accused of breaking into Naperville home where ex-girlfriend was visiting
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn Historical Society welcomes fall season with mum sale
- Hoffman EstatesComEd to address recurring outages in Hoffman Estates
- McHenry County4-year-old who was pulled from pool dies
- Hainesville18-year-old Hainesville man fatally shot in Waukegan
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- News2 vacancies on District 207 school board -- but not for long
- Des PlainesDes Plaines man arrested in Walgreens, gas station holdups
- Buffalo GroveSuburbanites to celebrate 75 years of India's independence
- Elk Grove VillageTwo motorcyclists injured in Elk Grove Village crash
Get over here for a look at The Week in Pictures photo gallery for July 18-24, 2022 in the Chicago suburbs.
Find a comfortable place to relax and look at The Week in Pictures photo gallery for July 11-17, 2022