Gymnast Sunisa Lee wins all-around gold
Sunisa Lee became the fifth straight American woman to claim the Olympic title in the women's gymmastics all-around competition.
Officials in Tokyo alarmed as virus cases hit record highsJapanese officials have sounded the alarm as Tokyo reported record-breaking coronavirus cases for the third straight day with the Olympics well underway
Report: UK could hit 40 Celsius soon due to climate changeA report by leading meteorologists says Britain has become wetter and warmer as a result of climate change
Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire SaturdayThe Biden administration on Thursday announced it will allow a nationwide ban on evictions to expire Saturday, arguing that its hands are tied after the Supreme Court signaled it could only be extended until the end of the month.
Once fading, mask sales starting to reboundMasks, which had started to disappear from store shelves, may be front and center again.
Violent arrest in Colorado reignites anger over policingA video showing a police officer pistol-whipping and choking a Black man during an arrest in a Denver suburb has reignited anger over policing in the community
COVID-19 rates a worry as 1 million head for Iowa State FairWith coronavirus cases rising throughout Iowa and around the nation, health experts are becoming increasingly worried about next month's Iowa State Fair, which will bring more than 1 million people to Des Moines from around the state, including many from counties with low vaccination rates and increasing prevalence of the disease.
Youth Olympics athlete dies after training accident in CubaYouth Olympics hammer thrower Alegna Osorio has died from head injuries sustained in a training accident in Cuba
Mayslake Peabody Estate to reopen Aug. 4 with 'Capturing Nature' art exhibitThe Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook is reopening Mayslake Hall to the public with a DuPage Art League exhibit titled "Capturing Nature." It features the work of 40 artists, and runs from Aug. 4 to Sept. 25.
Shop Dundee event highlights local stores in downtown East and West DundeeThe second annual Shop Dundee event takes place this weekend with sidewalk sales at numerous stores in downtown East and West Dundee. Because last year's pandemic-inspired event was so successful, organizers decided to make it a tradition.
Guatemalans protest president, attorney generalThousands of Guatemalans have taken to the streets in protest, blocking highways and calling for a national strike over the government's apparent unwillingness to tackle corruption
- 4:23 PMWhy the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District uses livestock as lawn mowers
- 4:23 PMHanover Park car show raising money for summer youth programs
- 3:47 PMCarol Stream woman charged after Yellowstone bear encounter
- 3:39 PMIsrael to offer 3rd COVID booster shot to older citizens
- 3:37 PMNew law aims to expand affordable housing through $75 million investment, tax credits
- 3:34 PMIllinois sees highest single-day vaccination total since June
- 3:27 PMFDA allows automatic 'generic' swap for brand-name insulin
More Suburban News
- Hanover ParkHanover Park car show raising money for summer youth programs
- LombardNew Lombard public art mural pops up at Yorktown Center
- WheatonDog dies in Wheaton house fire Wednesday night
- East DundeeShop Dundee event highlights local stores in downtown East and West Dundee
- SchaumburgFormer CIA director, Army Gen. Petraeus to headline Judson event
- Oak BrookMayslake Peabody Estate to reopen Aug. 4 with 'Capturing Nature' art exhibit
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove promises TIF funds for new tech park hotel
- ElginLearning on the Go program brings education, fun to Elgin neighborhoods
- Hoffman EstatesState advises patients who received mammogram at Hoffman Estates clinic to seek 2nd opinion
- St. CharlesDistrict 303 to review new CDC guidance on masks
- ElginFinal effort to save Elgin's DC Cook building fails
- LibertyvillePeterson Road to close in Libertyville starting Monday
- St. CharlesRiver Corridor Foundation taking on Langum Park project in St. Charles
- Round Lake BeachPolice: Round Lake Beach inmate punched correctional officer
- SchaumburgTrickster hosts Monarchs & Art fun fair Saturday in Schaumburg
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more