J&J: Booster dose of its COVID shot prompts strong response
Johnson & Johnson released data showing that a booster dose to its one-shot coronavirus vaccine provides a strong immune response months after people receive a first dose.
Mayorkas says images from US border 'horrified' himHomeland Security chief Alejandro Mayorkas said Tuesday images of what appeared to be Border Patrol agents on horseback rounding up migrants trying to cross the southern border "horrified" him, but he stopped short of calling the new influx of migrants there a crisis.
House to vote on government funding, debt as GOP digs inThe House is set to vote on legislation to fund the government, provide federal disaster aid and suspend the government's debt limit
Haitian journey to Texas border starts in South AmericaNearly all Haitians reach the U.S. border on a well-worn route: Fly to Brazil, Chile or elsewhere in South America. If jobs dry up, slowly move through Central America and Mexico by bus and on foot to wait -- perhaps years -- in northern border cities like Tijuana for the right time to enter the United States and claim asylum.
France rallies EU as trust in US, UK and Australia wanesFrance is urging its European Union partners to consider delaying negotiations on a future EU trade agreement with Australia
Taliban name deputy ministers, double down on all-male teamThe Taliban have expanded their interim Cabinet by naming more ministers and deputies, but failed to appoint any women
'Some wanted me dead:' Pope acknowledges right-wing criticsPope Francis has acknowledged his increasingly vocal right-wing critics
After Afghans fell from plane, families live with horrorIt's an image that has come to symbolize America's chaotic end to 20 years of war in Afghanistan: a lumbering U.S. Air Force C-17 taking off from Kabul's International Airport, chased by thousands of desperate Afghan men, scrambling to get on the departing aircraft and escape Taliban rule
EXPLAINER: Chinese builder's debt struggle rattles investorsGlobal investors are watching nervously as one of China's biggest real estate developers struggles to avoid defaulting on tens of billions of dollars of debt, fueling fears of possible wider shock waves for the Chinese financial system
Gabby Petito's boyfriend sought in Florida nature preserveAuthorities are once again searching a swampy preserve area near the home of the boyfriend wanted for questioning in the death of 22-year-old Gabby Petito
Nerves on edge on Spanish island as quakes, lava threatenSeveral small earthquakes have shaken the Spanish island of La Palma off northwest Africa
- 12:42 PMSt. Charles officials to break ground Wednesday on First Street Plaza expansion project
- 12:41 PMPioneer Day returns to Stacy's Tavern Museum in Glen Ellyn
- 12:29 PM'They're like the Oscars': Palatine junior high among new Blue Ribbon winners
- 12:28 PMCOVID-19 update: 3,002 new cases, 2,039 hospitalizations, 23 more deaths
- 12:21 PMOptions shrink for Haitian migrants straddling Texas border
- 11:55 AMPolice: Man stabbed to death in Hoffman Estates, suspects at large
- 11:53 AMIllinois police seeking tips on missing ISU graduate student
More Suburban News
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn couple pledge $100,000 in 'green' donations for DuPage Forest Preserve
- DuPage CountyBurr Ridge man pleads guilty to drug-induced homicide of Hinsdale woman
- SchaumburgExpect delays near Algonquin and Meacham roads in Schaumburg starting Tuesday
- Glen EllynPioneer Day returns to Stacy's Tavern Museum in Glen Ellyn
- PalatinePalatine resident drops out of race for state House seat
- St. CharlesSt. Charles officials to break ground Wednesday on First Street Plaza expansion project
- PalatineRohlwing Road work begins this week in Palatine
- WaukeganVictim of Waukegan shooting identified
- Hawthorn WoodsHawthorn Woods Fall Family Fun Fest set for Saturday
- McHenry County'Howl at the Wolf Oak' fest taking place Friday
- WheelingWheeling hosting vaccination clinic Sept. 30
- BataviaBatavia police investigate drug deal shooting
- BataviaBatavia seeks to fill 4th Ward alderman vacancy
- LombardLombard offering tourism grants
- NapervilleNaperville jewelry store burglar gets 6 years in prison
Everything from 9/11 memorials to high school football is reflected in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September 11-17, 2021.
9/11 remembrance ceremonies and other end-of-summer activities fill up The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September 4-10, 2021.