Student shoots, kills 3, injures 8 at Michigan high school
A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school, killing three students, including a 16-year-old boy who died in a deputy's patrol car on the way to a hospital, authorities said.
Case against Jussie Smollett focuses on how 'hoax' unraveledProsecutors' case against Jussie Smollett has focused on how Chicago police say they determined that what they initially believed was a horrific hate crime was actually a fake assault staged by the ex-"Empire" actor with help from two brothers.
Omicron unravels travel industry's plans for a comebackTourism businesses that were just finding their footing after nearly two years of devastation wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic are being rattled again as countries throw up new barriers to travel in an effort to contain the omicron variant.
Japan suspends new flight reservations as omicron spreadsJapan continued its aggressive stance against a new coronavirus variant on Wednesday, asking international airlines to stop taking new reservations for all flights arriving in the country until the end of December in a further tightening of already strict border controls.
Abortion rights at stake in historic Supreme Court argumentsAbortion rights are on the line at the Supreme Court in historic arguments over the landmark ruling nearly 50 years ago that declared a nationwide right to end a pregnancy.
Jan. 6 panel to vote on contempt against former DOJ officialThe House panel investigating the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol insurrection will vote on pursuing contempt charges against a former Justice Department official Wednesday as the committee aggressively seeks to gain answers about the violent attack by former President Donald Trump's supporters.
Loyalty to family -- instead of CNN -- puts Cuomo at riskThere's family, and your job as a journalist. Chris Cuomo's willingness to put the latter at risk in service to his brother has led to his suspension by CNN.
Unique effort reopens girls' schools in an Afghan provinceWhile most high school girls in Afghanistan are forbidden to attend class by the Taliban rulers, one major exception is in the western province of Herat
Trial to determine if requiring women board members is legalWhen California's former Gov. Jerry Brown signed the nation's first law requiring women on boards of publicly traded companies three years ago, he suggested it might not survive legal challenges
Nigeria detects first case of omicron variant from OctoberNigeria has detected the first case of the omicron coronavirus variant in a sample collected in October, weeks before South Africa alerted the world about the variant last week
Investigators track ammunition in fatal film set shootingAuthorities are pursuing new leads on possible sources of live ammunition involved in actor Alec Baldwin's fatal shooting of a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of a western movie
- 9:12 AMVaccine champions Spain, Portugal focus on the reluctant few
- 9:03 AMHIV prevention pill PrEP is now free under most insurance plans '" but the latest challenge to the Affordable Care Act puts this benefit at risk
- 8:52 AMJapan suspends new reservations on all incoming flights
- 8:46 AMStudent shoots, kills 3, wounds 8 at Michigan high school
- 8:30 AMSouth Korea confirms first five cases of omicron variant
- 7:56 AMReports: Seven hospitalized after acid spill at Harvard food plant
- 7:54 AMConstruction site blast in Munich injures 3, disrupts trains
More Suburban News
- McHenry CountyReports: Seven hospitalized after acid spill at Harvard food plant
- AuroraAurora man dies after Sunday fire
- GurneeWoodland District 50 school board member must pay accused parents' attorney fees, judge rules
- Downers GroveCounty grants $5M to help DuPagePads buy hotel to house the homeless
- Des PlainesMaine West High cleared after bomb threat
- NapervilleMan seriously injured in crash on Route 59 in Naperville
- Kane CountyKane County Board rejects tax increases, solves deficit with COVID cash
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves 3-year firefighters contract retroactive to Jan. 1
- Round LakeEarly morning blaze damages Round Lake business
- Girls' BasketballStreamwood honors Rosner by naming gym after him
- Prep WrestlingWrestling: DeKalb blanks Metea Valley
- Boys' BasketballFremd's experience too much for St. Viator
- Boys' BasketballGeneva rallies past Bartlett
- News'Coping and hoping': Arlington Heights funeral home going hybrid for annual remembrance ceremony
- PalatineDeveloper trying again for affordable housing in Palatine