Illinois GOP group apologizes for sharing meme calling 4 Democrats 'Jihad Squad'
The fake movie poster is another broadside against the four minority congresswomen in the wake of Trump's racist tweets toward them.
Deal sealed on federal budget, ensuring no shutdown, defaultPresident Donald Trump and congressional leaders announced late Monday they had struck a critical debt and budget agreement. The deal amounts to an against-the-odds victory for Washington pragmatists seeking to avoid politically dangerous tumult over the possibility of a government shutdown or first-ever federal default.
Trump accuses four minority congresswomen of being 'very Racist' and 'not very smart'In a late-morning tweet, the president escalated his attacks on freshman lawmakers known as 'the Squad."
Equifax to pay up to $700 million to settle government investigations into 2017 security breachA series of state and federal investigations show a massive 2017 data breach left more than 147 million Americans' names, Social Security numbers, credit-card details and other sensitive information exposed.
In key Senate races, Democrats buck leftward tilt on issuesDemocratic candidates in some key Senate races in 2020 aren't going along as some candidates in the party's presidential field take a liberal turn
Volvo Cars recalls 507,000 vehicles as probe finds fire riskVolvo said its own "investigations have identified that in very rare cases the plastic engine intake manifold may melt and deform."
India moon mission set to launch a week after it was abortedIndia is ready to launch a rocket to the far side of the moon a week after aborting the mission due to a technical problem
A hospital said a woman's heart surgery went well. Then she bled to death, lawsuit claims.The family of Donnamay Brockbank has sued the hospital and the doctors overseeing the botched surgery on multiple claims of negligence.
Israeli crews demolish Palestinian homes in east JerusalemIsraeli work crews begin demolitions of dozens of Palestinian homes in east Jerusalem
Ukrainian leader's party heading for parliamentary majorityUkrainian president's party is heading for an absolute majority in parliament after a snap election, which would hand Volodymyr Zelenskiy a much-anticipated mandate for change
Poland's politicians condemn aggression against LGBT marchPoland's politicians are condemning violence against the first LGBT rights parade through an eastern city
- 7:12 PMWaukegan woman gets 14 years for killing two while driving impaired
- 7:07 PMA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- 7:03 PMChris Kraft, 1st flight director for NASA, dies at 95
- 6:59 PMElevated opioid risks found at Native American hospitals
- 6:51 PMMexico sets 1st half murder record, up 5.3%
- 6:50 PMFranken says he 'absolutely' regrets resigning from Senate
- 6:32 PMTrial underway for 2 charged in fatal shooting of teen
More Suburban News
- GrayslakeAlternative church camp continues after being ravaged by Wisconsin storms
- WaukeganRinehart seeks Democratic nomination for Lake County state's attorney
- NapervilleNaperville family displaced by house fire
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect welcomes new library director
- Hoffman EstatesHow Harper's HOPE Giving Circle supports young women leaders
- LibertyvilleLake County zoning panel considers updated rules for solar energy
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- Hanover ParkPolice searching for missing Hanover Park woman
- WheatonYeehaw! 7 things to do at the DuPage County Fair
- Elk Grove VillagePlans for hotel on north side of Elk Grove Technology Park revealed
- MundeleinRailroad crossing near Mundelein to close temporarily
- South BarringtonWillow Creek elders hope to put Hybels harassment scandal to rest in statement
- LombardLombard astronaut's first flight: a pretend trip to moon
- NewsTwo taken to hospital after crash involving motorcycle, vehicles