Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman sentenced to life in prison
The Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has been sentenced to life behind bars in a U.S. prison, a humbling end for a drug lord once notorious for his ability to kill, bribe or tunnel his way out of trouble.
Confusion, fear reigns on Mexico border with new US policyAsylum-seekers gathered in Nuevo Laredo, across the border from Texas, grappled to understand what a new U.S. policy that all but eliminates refuge claims by Central Americans meant for their bids to find a better life in America
Federal data shows opioid shipments ballooned as crisis grewNewly released federal data shows that drug companies shipped more prescription opioids as an overdose crisis grew
Netanyahu makes history as Israel's longest-serving leaderNetanyahu makes history as Israel's longest-serving prime minister ever, passing founding father David Ben-Gurion.
California man sentenced for murdering couple he found camping on the beach in 2004The young couple were found on a secluded sliver of shoreline north of Jenner, California, zipped into sleeping bags. Each had been killed by a single shot, fired at close range. Their Bible lay close by, just out of reach of the pounding surf.
A barefoot woman scaled the face of Mount Rushmore, officials say. She almost made it to the top.She clung to the sheer rock face barefoot with no safety ropes or climbing gear in sight. To her left, the enormous stone head of George Washington protruded from the side of the granite mountain. An equally impressive likeness of Thomas Jefferson boxed her in from the right.
Savory sushi tempts 2 penguins to nest at New Zealand storeTwo little blue penguins just couldn't stay away from a New Zealand sushi store, returning to nest underneath even after police had captured them and escorted them back to the ocean
Chicago aquarium officials determine sex of Beluga calfOfficials with Chicago's Shedd Aquarium say a Beluga whale calf born less than two weeks ago is a boy
City hopes 'Baby Shark' song will drive homeless from parkOfficials in West Palm Beach are hoping a continuous loop of children's songs played throughout the night will keep homeless people from sleeping in a city park
Cattle escape near Lake Villa, found cooling off in lakeTwo large, freedom-loving cows escaped near Lake Villa for the second time Wednesday morning, but they were safely brought back home.
UK leader May slams populist politics, Brexit 'absolutism'Prime Minister Theresa May says she worries about the increasing "absolutism" of world politics, in a message many will see as aimed at her successor as Britain's leader and President Donald Trump
House vote condemning Trump's tweets draws some GOP supportDemocratic-led House resolution condemning President Donald Trump's racist tweets against 4 congresswomen of color draws a handful of GOP votes
- 10:35 AMPakistan arrests US-wanted terror suspect in Mumbai attacks
- 10:34 AMUN court rejects Pakistan's argument in Indian spy case
- 10:33 AMNumber of US overdose deaths appears to be falling
- 10:29 AMJudge: Michael Cohen campaign finance probe over
- 10:26 AMRelatives of victims mark 5th anniversary of MH17 downing
- 10:26 AMFederal prosecutors tell judge they have closed probe of campaign finance violations by President Trump's ex-lawyer
- 10:23 AM50th reunion spurs memories of the 'in' crowd
More Suburban News
- NewsIn lieu of grade level centers, Dist. 26 goes with centralized kindergarten
- NapervilleNaperville buying land to widen North Aurora Road
- AuroraAurora man gets 30 years in 2015 robbery plot
- LombardDuPage secures court order to disband Lombard-area sanitary district
- ElginElgin crash victim identified
- CarpentersvillePolice: Carpentersville woman bit, kicked officers during arrest
- GurneePolice: Gurnee man charged after crashing into tree while fleeing sheriff's deputy
- NewsResident, firefighter injured in Crystal Lake fire
- Round Lake BeachWoman who died after being pulled from lake identified
- St. CharlesSt. Charles to help fund fencing for resident affected by Red Gate Bridge
- Lake CountyRoad work leads to closures on Route 22 in Lake Barrington
- South ElginWhy South Elgin decided not to allow backyard chickens
- Lake CountyCattle escape near Lake Villa, found cooling off in lake
- Elk Grove VillageWynright to close suburban facilities with move to Indiana
- NewsMassive fire rips through Crystal Lake apartment building, displaces residents