Authorities: Student kills 3, wounds 6 at Michigan school
A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three students and wounding six other people, including a teacher, authorities said.
Detective: Brothers recounted how Jussie Smollet staged hoaxTwo brothers arrested for an alleged attack on Jussie Smollett told Chicago police how the ex-"Empire" actor orchestrated the hoax, telling them via text message to meet him "on the low," paying for supplies and holding a "dry run" in downtown Chicago, the lead investigator testified Tuesday.
Ex-Trump aide Meadows cooperating with House Jan. 6 panelMark Meadows, Donald Trump's former chief of staff, is cooperating with a House panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, putting off for now the panel's threat to hold him in contempt, the committee's chairman said Tuesday.
Appeals court weighs Trump arguments to withhold recordsA panel of judges on Tuesday questioned whether they had the authority to grant former President Donald Trump's demands and stop the White House from allowing the release of documents related to the Jan. 6 insurrection led by Trump's supporters.
Panel weighs safety, effectiveness of Merck's COVID-19 pillGovernment health advisers on Tuesday weighed the benefits and risks of a closely watched drug from Merck that could soon become the first U.S.-authorized pill for patients to take at home to treat COVID-19.
EMA chief says EU is ready to deal with new omicron variantThe European Union's medical agency chief said Tuesday that it is ready to deal with the new omicron variant, and that it will take two weeks to have an indication whether the current COVID-19 vaccines will be able to deal with it
Face masks again mandatory in England to combat omicronNew restrictions to combat the omicron variant have taken effect in England, with face masks again compulsory in shops and on public transport
Honduras leftist leader could present opportunities for USIf Xiomara Castro's wide lead in Honduras' presidential election holds, her leftist government could present opportunities for a Biden administration
Iran makes maximalist demands as Vienna nuclear talks openIran is striking a maximalist tone after just one day of restarted talks in Vienna over its tattered nuclear deal
California now limits medical parole to those on ventilatorsCalifornia corrections officials have begun limiting medical parole only to inmates so ill they are on ventilators
Saudis detect 1st case of new coronavirus variant omicronSaudi Arabia says it has detected its first case of the new coronavirus variant omicron
- 7:12 AMStudent shoots, kills 3, injures 8 at Michigan high school
- 6:44 AMLive updates: Growing number of Germans in ICUs with virus
- 6:35 AMFeder: WTTW's Geoffrey Baer lifts viewers 'Beyond Chicago From the Air'
- 6:20 AM'Coping and hoping': Arlington Heights funeral home going hybrid for annual remembrance ceremony
- 6:17 AMFDA panel narrowly backs COVID-19 pill from Merck
- 6:16 AMWhy the sunsets have been so beautiful the past few days
- 6:07 AMPortugal tightens restrictions despite virus vaccine success
More Suburban News
- AuroraAurora man dies after Sunday fire
- GurneeWoodland District 50 school board member must pay accused parents' attorney fees, judge rules
- Downers GroveCounty grants $5M to help DuPagePads buy hotel to house the homeless
- Des PlainesMaine West High cleared after bomb threat
- NapervilleMan seriously injured in crash on Route 59 in Naperville
- Kane CountyKane County Board rejects tax increases, solves deficit with COVID cash
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves 3-year firefighters contract retroactive to Jan. 1
- Round LakeEarly morning blaze damages Round Lake business
- Girls' BasketballStreamwood honors Rosner by naming gym after him
- Prep FootballPardun stepping down as Hersey's head coach
- Boys' BasketballFremd's experience too much for St. Viator
- Boys' BasketballGeneva rallies past Bartlett
- News'Coping and hoping': Arlington Heights funeral home going hybrid for annual remembrance ceremony
- PalatineDeveloper trying again for affordable housing in Palatine
- Girls' BasketballSt. Charles East tops Waubonsie in home opener