Trump-connected lobbyists reap windfall in federal virus aid
Forty lobbyists with ties to President Donald Trump helped clients secure more than $10 billion in federal coronavirus aid, among them five former administration officials whose work potentially violates Trump's own ethics policy, according to a report.
1 ad, 3 accents: How Democrats aim to win Latino votesThe Spanish-language ads for Joe Biden used the same slogan to contrast him with President Donald Trump -- "los cuentos no pagan las cuentas," a play on words that roughly means "telling stories won't pay the bills."
No more delays: What to know about the July 15 tax filing deadlineIt's time to do your taxes -- no more delays. As the coronavirus pandemic took hold this spring, the federal government postponed the traditional April 15 filing deadline until July 15.
Country rocker and fiddler Charlie Daniels dies at age 83Charlie Daniels, who went from being an in-demand session musician to a staple of Southern rock with his hit "Devil Went Down to Georgia," has died at 83.
2020 Watch: Has Trump surrendered to the coronavirus?Presidential politics move fast. What we're watching heading into a new week on the 2020 campaign: Days to next set of primaries (New Jersey and Delaware): 1
Trump to hold outdoor campaign rally in Portsmouth, New HampshirePresident Donald Trump is set to hold an outdoor rally Saturday in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, according to the president's campaign.
Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in Rochester parkA statue of abolitionist Frederick Douglass was ripped from its base in Rochester on the anniversary of one of his most famous speeches, delivered in that city in 1852.
Czech volunteers develop functioning lung ventilator in daysA group volunteers in the Czech Republic was working round the clock to prevent critical shortage of ventilators for COVID-19 patients, something that happened in northern Italy
US diplomat in Hong Kong says security law use a 'tragedy'The top American diplomat in Hong Kong says it's a 'tragedy' to use the semi-autonomous Chinese territory's new national security law to chip away at 'fundamental freedoms' in the Asian financial hub and create an 'atmosphere of coercion and self-censorship.'
China's Inner Mongolia region reports bubonic plague caseWhile China appears to have reduced coronavirus cases to near zero, other infectious threats remain, with local health authorities announcing a suspected bubonic plague case in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Coast Guard alters training for incoming class due to virusNew cadets arrive at the Coast Guard Academy this week for the basic training known as Swab Summer
- 4:21 PMPalatine police mourn officer who drowned in Lake County
- 4:06 PM'We mean business': Elgin activists continue to push for change
- 3:58 PMAfter 50-plus years, restaurant at Catholic shrine closes
- 3:55 PMSheriff: At least 8 killed in plane collision at Idaho lake
- 3:37 PMWhite woman charged after racist Central Park confrontation
- 3:34 PMMaxwell moved to NY for Epstein-related sex abuse charges
- 3:30 PMChicago's July Fourth weekend ends with 17 dead, 70 wounded
More Suburban News
- AuroraAurora ready to reopen city hall
- Lake CountyLake County offering small business assistance grant
- East DundeeRoute 72 bridge work begins July 9 in Dundee
- LombardLombard testing sewers for leaks
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills teen gets patriotic escort to Marine induction
- Lake Villa'It makes history real': Revolutionary War soldier's grave inspires Mount Rest Cemetery revitalization
- NewsA line of cars joins re-imagined Fourth of July parade in Arlington Heights
- NewsNo injuries reported after Oakwood Hills fire
- GurneeMan dead, woman wounded in Gurnee
- NapervilleMeet the DuPage employee behind the website honoring fallen veterans
- Lake VillaRound Lake Beach man dies after being pulled from lake
- BataviaBatavia VFW Post draws 100 to a social-distancing July 4 mini-parade
- Buffalo GroveConstable: Pandemic closes theaters, but suburban group's online show (and charity) go on
- Lake VillaPalatine police mourn officer who drowned in Lake County
- Elgin'We mean business': Elgin activists continue to push for change
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more