U.S. says Iran briefly seizes oil tanker near Strait of Hormuz
The Iranian navy boarded and briefly seized a Liberian-flagged oil tanker near the strategic Strait of Hormuz amid heightened tensions between Tehran and the U.S., a U.S. military official said Thursday.
How Biden chose Harris: Inside his search for a running mateOn Tuesday, Joe Biden tapped California Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate, making her the first Black woman to serve on a major party presidential ticket. This account of how he made that decision, the most important of his political career, is based on interviews with 10 people with direct knowledge of the vetting and selection process.
Many more likely sought jobless aid after $600 check endsThe U.S. government will provide its latest report Thursday on the pace of layoffs, which have remained stuck at a high level since the viral pandemic erupted five months ago.
Warning on Russia adds questions about Senate's Biden probeRepublican Sen. Ron Johnson is defending his committee's investigation into Ukraine and Joe Biden from criticism that his probe is politically motivated and advancing Russian interests
Limited COVID-19 testing? Researchers in Rwanda have an ideaLike many countries, Rwanda is finding it impossible to test each of its citizens for the coronavirus amid shortages of supplies
Iowa farmers assess losses after storm flattened cornfieldsFarmers across much of Iowa are dealing with the heartbreaking aftermath of a rare wind storm that turned what was looking like a record corn crop into deep losses
Hong Kong media tycoon relieved he wasn't sent to ChinaHong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai had just finished his morning exercise when the police showed up
Kamala Harris' selection as VP resonates with Black womenChina Cochran met Kamala Harris at a campaign event in Detroit last year and was swept away by her ambition, charisma and leadership. She hoped the California senator would advance in politics.
Minnesota's Omar holds off well-funded primary challengerRep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota survived a stiff Democratic primary challenge Tuesday from a well-funded opponent who tried to make an issue of her national celebrity, the latest in a string of victories by a new generation of emboldened progressive lawmakers.
Is it safe to drink from a fountain during the pandemic?Is it safe to drink from a fountain during the pandemic
Prosecutors charge 3 with threatening women in R. Kelly caseFederal prosecutors announced charges Wednesday against three men accused of threatening and intimidating women who have accused R&B singer R. Kelly of abuse, including one man suspected of setting fire to a vehicle in Florida.
- 7:01 AMAP PHOTOS: Across faiths, pandemic alters worship, rites
- 6:56 AMThousands in Belarus form 'lines of solidarity' in protest
- 6:56 AMDemoted Milwaukee police chief to retire, defends record
- 6:53 AMLebanon Parliament grants military power in stricken Beirut
- 6:40 AMZion man pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter in pregnant wife's death
- 6:16 AMFeder: Four full-time jobs cut in layoffs at ABC 7
- 6:16 AMPostponed Barrington art festival rescheduled for September
More Suburban News
- ElginElgin will give recycling company a break in the wake of COVID-19
- GenevaGeneva woman who caused fatal crash sentenced to probation, community service
- Des PlainesFormer Des Plaines principal charged with stealing from school account
- BartlettStreamwood man on probation for DUI faces new charges after Bartlett crash
- Hoffman EstatesVilla Park man charged with armed violence, marijuana possession and child endangerment in Hoffman Estates
- NapervilleDowntown Naperville sandwich shop temporarily closes after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- ItascaItasca Starbucks closes its doors
- MundeleinMundelein kicks in $25,000 to help fund shopping center renovation
- ItascaI-290 ramp will close Thursday night in Itasca
- SchaumburgSchaumburg rezones restaurant corner near Woodfield for general businesses
- Prep SportsSt. Charles East grad Benjamin gets the call from Rangers
- Lake CountySome Lake County homeowners to receive assessment notices this week
- ElginBail set at $1M for Elgin man accused of having 11 pounds of marijuana, 200 doses of LSD
- Lake CountyCourt officials increase online security after 'Zoom bombing' incidents
- SchaumburgSchaumburg panel recommends 149-home development on District 211 site