Biden announces 'historic' deal -- but still must win votes
President Joe Biden declared Thursday he had reached a "historic economic framework" with Democrats in Congress on his sweeping domestic policy package, a hard-fought yet dramatically scaled-back deal announced just before he departed for overseas summits.
In the middle of a crisis, Facebook Inc. renames itself MetaFacebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said his company is rebranding itself as Meta in an effort to encompass its virtual-reality vision for the future -- what Zuckerberg calls the " metaverse."
How live ammo got on set still a mystery in Baldwin shootingAccounts and images from court documents, interviews and social media postings have revealed much of what happened when actor Alec Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on an Old West movie set in New Mexico.
Is it OK to go trick-or-treating during the pandemic?Whether you feel comfortable with your children trick-or-treating could depend on factors including how high the COVID-19 transmission rate is in your area and if the people your kids will be exposed to are vaccinated.
World faces shortage of syringes as COVID vaccine doses riseAfrican health officials and the United Nations are warning of a looming shortage of up to 2 billion syringes for mainly low- and middle-income countries around the world as the supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses rises, and routine vaccinations could be affected, too
Ex-Gary officer indicted for allegedly using excessive forceA federal grand jury has indicted a former Gary police officer for allegedly using excessive force against a man he had handcuffed and placed under arrest during a traffic stop
Moscow shuts most workplaces as infections, deaths soarThe Russian capital has started a nonworking period intended to stem coronavirus infections as daily cases and deaths from COVID-19 surged to all-time highs
Myanmar military uses systematic torture across countryAn investigation by The Associated Press has found that the Myanmar military has been torturing detainees across the country in a methodical and systemic way since its takeover of the'¯government in February
Paroled 'Starved Rock Killer' wins OK for evidence testsAn 82-year-old man freed from prison last year after serving nearly 60 years in the slaying of one of three suburban Chicago women found bludgeoned to death in a state park has won court approval for DNA testing of evidence found at the crime scene
Prayer for kidnappers deeply rooted in mission group's faithRelatives and supporters of 17 missionaries kidnapped in Haiti are praying at least as much for the captors as the captives
Veterans resource fair in WheatonThe Veterans Assistance Commission of DuPage County and the DuPage County recorder's office will host a DuPage Veterans Resource Fair on Thursday, Nov. 4.
Cuomo accused of forcible touching in criminal complaintA criminal complaint filed by a police investigator with a court in Albany has accused former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of committing a misdemeanor sex crime, though there were reports Friday that the document might have been submitted in error
- 3:59 PMPresidents and popes over the years: Gifts, gaffes, grief
- 3:50 PMSolar wing jammed on NASA spacecraft chasing asteroids
- 3:37 PM'We are truly blessed': Naperville couple a perfect match as wife donates kidney to husband
- 3:26 PMWoman wanted in crash that killed Wheeling man captured in Florida
- 3:20 PMPhiladelphia settles in fatal shooting of Walter Wallace Jr.
- 3:17 PMSchools debate: Gifted and talented, or racist and elitist?
- 3:12 PM3 guilty in killing of girl, 12, that shook New Orleans
More Suburban News
- NewsArlington Heights looking for students willing to shovel
- Hawthorn WoodsOld McHenry Road near Hawthorn Woods and Long Grove closing Nov. 8
- ElginHow Kane County will dole out $4 million to address mental health, homelessness needs
- Lake in the HillsMarian Central Catholic, Lake in the Hills elementary school report COVID-19 outbreaks
- NapervilleNaperville man facing child pornography charges
- NapervilleNaperville man pleads guilty to child porn possession
- BartlettBartlett police warn of increase in ruse burglaries
- BartlettGeorgia man charged with unlawful use of weapon in Bartlett
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect honors pair of longtime community volunteers
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Huntley holds off Dundee-Crown in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: King's goal propels St. Charles East past Geneva in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Elgin spreads the wealth, reaches sectional final
- Prep FootballEarly-season challenges have paid off for Antioch
- Prep FootballGroark, Brigham find connection with QB Grace at Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballScouting Fox playoff first-round games