Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, tried to fight security agent for SUV control to join crowd
Former President Donald Trump dismissed the presence of armed protesters headed to the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and even endorsed their calls to "hang Mike Pence," a key former White House aide told House investigators Tuesday. ANd Trump fought security officials for control of the presidential SUV as he struggled to get to the Capitol, the aide said.
Macron says Russia can't win in Ukraine after strike on mallFrance's president denounced Russia's fiery airstrike on a crowded shopping mall in Ukraine as a "new war crime" Tuesday and vowed the West's support for Kyiv would not waver, saying Moscow "cannot and should not win" the war.
51 migrants die after trailer abandoned in San Antonio heatDesperate families of migrants from Mexico and Central America frantically sought word of their loved ones as authorities began the grim task Tuesday of identifying 50 people who died after being abandoned in a tractor-trailer without air conditioning in the sweltering Texas heat.
Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping EpsteinGhislaine Maxwell, the jet-setting socialite who once consorted with royals, presidents and billionaires, was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years in prison for helping the financier Jeffrey Epstein sexually abuse underage girls.
1/6 Takeaways: Angry Trump, dire legal warnings and ketchupThe House Jan. 6 committee held a surprise hearing Tuesday delivering alarming new testimony about Donald Trump's angry, defiant and vulgar actions as he ignored repeated warnings against summoning the mob to the Capitol and then refused to intervene to stop the deadly violence as rioters laid siege.
In flurry of court activity, rulings on abortion bans mixedA federal court Tuesday allowed Tennessee to ban abortions as early as six weeks into pregnancy, while a Texas judge temporarily blocked enforcement of that state's decades-old ban on virtually all abortions, in a flurry of activity set off at courthouses across the U.S. by the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
The story behind AP report that caused Trump to throw lunchThe news story that reportedly caused former President Donald Trump to throw his lunch against a White House wall came because of an interview that former Attorney General William Barr had arranged with The Associated Press.
EXPLAINER: NATO holds summit with gaze on Russia - and ChinaThe North Atlantic Treaty Organization is meeting in Madrid this week with an urgent need to reassert its original mission: preventing Russian aggression against Western democracies
Germany: former Nazi guard, 101, jailed for aiding murderA 101-year-old man has been convicted in Germany of 3,518 counts of accessory to murder for serving at the Nazis' Sachsenhausen concentration camp during World War II
Charges spiked against ex-governor, 8 others in Flint waterThe Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that a judge had no authority to issue indictments in the Flint water scandal
Hinckley says he's sorry for shooting that wounded ReaganThe man who shot and wounded President Ronald Reagan in 1981 has apologized for his actions in a televised interview
Today in History: June 28, Treaty of Versailles is signedToday in History Today is Tuesday, June 28, the 179th day of 2022. There are 186 days left in the year.
- 10:24 PMDeVore leading in Republican attorney general primary
- 10:24 PMSalvi claims victory in crowded GOP race to face Duckworth
- 10:19 PMHanson leads McGonigal in 5th Congressional District Republican primary
- 10:11 PMEric Sorensen wins Democratic nomination for U.S. House in Illinois' 17th Congressional District.
- 10:10 PMRamirez wins Democratic primary for new 3rd Congress seat
- 10:07 PMBailey celebrates primary victory for GOP governor nominee
- 10:04 PMAP News in Brief at 11:04 p.m. EDT
More Suburban News
- PoliticsSyed takes strong lead over Barnes for Democratic nod in House 51st
- EducationArlington Heights District 25 referendum for full-day kindergarten too close to call
- PoliticsEdly-Allen edges out Yingling in Democratic primary state Senate District 31
- PoliticsKeagle tops two opponents in 49th Senate District Republican primary
- PoliticsMatt Hanson leading in Democratic primary for state House 83rd District nomination
- ElginElgin man charged with possessing, disseminating child pornography
- EducationVoter support for tax hike in Warren District 121 saves athletics, prevents cuts
- PoliticsRobertson leads Alvarado in GOP primary for state Senate seat
- AntiochAntioch Fire District voters approve tax hike
- PoliticsDias claims three-way Democratic primary for 62nd District Illinois House seat
- PoliticsArin Thrower has early lead in GOP's state 66th House primary
- Hawthorn WoodsHawthorn Woods residents back tax hike for road repair program
- AlgonquinNew 166-unit senior living complex complete in Algonquin
- PoliticsHanson leads McGonigal in 5th Congressional District Republican primary
- PoliticsRamirez wins Democratic primary for new 3rd Congress seat