Capitol Police chief appeals for National Guard to stay
The threat to the Capitol still has police on edge
Eager to act, Biden and Democrats leave Republicans behindPresident Joe Biden and Democrats in Congress are jamming their agenda forward with a sense of urgency, an unapologetically partisan approach based on the calculation that it's better to advance the giant COVID-19 rescue package and other priorities than waste time courting Republicans who may never compromise.
New York officials removed fuller tally of nursing home deathsGov. Andrew Cuomo's health department confirmed reports late Thursday that members of his COVID-19 task force altered a state Health Department report to omit the full number of nursing home patients killed by the coronavirus, but insisted the changes were made because of concerns about the data's accuracy.
Quake-ravaged part of Croatia sees gaping sinkholes emergeAfter the deadly earthquake came the sinkholes
1 of 2 teens in Slender Man stabbing to ask for releaseOne of the teens convicted of stabbing a classmate to please the fictional internet horror character Slender Man is expected to ask for release from a Wisconsin mental health facility
Guatemala woman, 23, is among 13 killed in California crashOne of the 13 people killed when the SUV smuggling migrants into California hit a tractor-trailer was a 23-year-old woman who was fleeing violence in Guatemala for the hope of a better life
Afghan suspected of stabbing 7 held in custody in SwedenA 22-year-old Afghan man who is suspected of having stabbed seven men in a small Swedish town, leaving three of them in critical but stable condition, has been remanded in pretrial custody for at least two weeks
A timeline of disaster and displacement for Iraqi ChristiansIn Iraq, two decades of back-to-back conflicts have left ancient Christian communities that were once a vibrant and integral part of the landscape scattered and in ruins
The Latest: Iraqi PM declares National Day of CoexistenceIraq's prime minister has declared March 6 a National Day of Tolerance and Coexistence in Iraq after Pope Francis' meeting with Iraq's top Shiite cleric and a landmark inter-religious gathering
Pope, top Iraq Shiite cleric hold historic, symbolic meetingPope Francis and Iraq's top Shiite cleric have delivered a powerful message of peaceful coexistence, urging Muslims to embrace Iraq's long-beleaguered Christian minority during an historic meeting
Bye, Bismarck: 144 cities could lose status as metro areasThere may be fewer metro areas in the U.S. in the near future
- 8:30 AMVaxi Taxi targets vaccine anxiety as UK minority uptake lags
- 8:25 AMNaperville wine tasting room seeking to offer craft beer, bourbon
- 8:19 AMNew Des Plaines site opens with single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- 4:30 AMFighting Biden virus aid, GOP rekindles Obama-era strategy
- 3:17 AMSpeedy variants power virus surge sweeping Europe
- 2:30 AMCalifornia OKs reopening of ball parks, Disneyland
- 1:32 AMDiplomats: UN fails to approve call to end Tigray violence
More Suburban News
- AddisonAddison mayoral challenger wants to bring diversity
- NewsAlgonquin police sergeant on paid leave after off-duty DUI arrest
- NewsDistrict 214 cleared for in-person learning April 5
- GenevaGeneva mayoral hopefuls spar on style of governing, how long to serve
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect library trustees defend Gens after she used racial slur
- WheelingWheeling candidates disagree on village manager's raise
- AuroraAurora man sentenced to 10 years in sex assault of child
- LombardWatch the interview with a candidate for Lombard Trustee District 1
- West ChicagoWatch the interview with candidates for West Chicago Council Wards 1 & 3
- NapervilleWatch the interviews between candidates for Naperville City Council
- Boys' BasketballBarrington rolls by Conant, clinches share of MSL West
- Girls' BasketballNaperville North scores first 17, routs Naperville Central
- Prep SportsSoccer runs deep in Armstrong's blood
- NapervilleNaperville wine tasting room seeking to offer craft beer, bourbon
- Des PlainesNew Des Plaines site opens with single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
An attempt to build snowmen and finding golf balls in the snow are part of The Week in Pictures photo gallery for February 20-26, 2021.
It was a busy and unpredictable couple of weeks and Daily Herald photographers present it in The Week in Pictures for February 6-19, 2021.
Suburbanites were digging out of more snow Tuesday and Gov. J.B. Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation for the entire state.