Boris Johnson wins race to become UK's next prime minister
Brexit hard-liner Boris Johnson won the contest to lead Britain's governing Conservative Party on and will become the country's next prime minister.
In high-stakes Mueller hearing, there are big risks for everyoneRobert Mueller has vowed he won't go beyond what he's already written about Russia, President Donald Trump and obstruction of justice when he testifies on Wednesday, but there's a lot at stake in how much -- or how little -- he brings to life the dry specifics of his 448-page report.
Senate confirms Army veteran Mark Esper secretary of defenseIt took 7 months, but President Donald Trump finally has a Senate-confirmed secretary of defense, Army veteran Mark Esper
Trump says China is paying his tariffs, but U.S. companies keep getting the billLeading business organizations that support Trump's goals say tariffs are a costly and disruptive tool that should be shelved.
Pritzker signs bills aimed at protecting immigrant youthsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Tuesday signed two bills into law aimed at protecting immigrant children, just as the Trump administration announced plans to expand the use of "expedited removals" to reduce the number of immigrants in the country illegally.
Hundreds of black deaths in 1919 are being rememberedHundreds of African Americans died at the hands of white mobs during "Red Summer," but little is known nationally about this summer of violence 100 years later
A supermarket worker vanished 10 years ago. He was trapped behind a cooler the whole time.The coolers made so much noise that Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada's cries for help were likely muffled, police said.
Two police officers fired for Facebook post that suggested Ocasio-Cortez should be shotTwo Louisiana police officers were fired Monday for a Facebook post that suggested Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., should be shot.
Boris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, in his own colorful wordsBoris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, had once said his chances of becoming the country's leader were "about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."
Never-Googlers: Web users take the ultimate step to guard their dataAs reports surface regarding how the online advertising giant tracks consumers, some try to reclaim their online footsteps.
Sun-Times: Kankakee Democrats compare KKK hoods to 'MAGA' hats in Facebook postThe Kankakee County Democrats posted -- and since deleted -- an image to Facebook that compared President Donald Trump's signature "Make America Great Again" hats to hoods worn by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
Li Peng, Chinese premier during Tiananmen crackdown, diesLi Peng, a former hard-line Chinese premier best known for announcing martial law during the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests, has died
- 5:50 PMAurora won't start enforcement against child sex offenders staying at church mission -- for now
- 5:47 PMLawsuit: Carpentersville HR manager fired for probing 'vulgar' remarks by village president
- 5:42 PMHow do you stock a 3,500-gallon tank full of fish at the DuPage County Fair?
- 5:37 PMBartlett man charged with punching Jewel grocery bagger with special needs
- 5:35 PMDuPage panel supports proposed drug treatment facility in Itasca
- 5:30 PMThe Latest: Agency promises 'fair-minded' probe on Big Tech
- 5:29 PMChicago man gets 17 years for Lake Bluff cellphone store robbery
More Suburban News
- ItascaDuPage panel supports proposed drug treatment facility in Itasca
- Lake BluffChicago man gets 17 years for Lake Bluff cellphone store robbery
- PalatinePalatine police say accused shooter seized in Mexico
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves three advisory referendums for March 2020 ballot
- EducationContract shows District 21 superintendent gets 6.3% raise
- Glendale HeightsFormer Glendale Heights man gets 30 years for sexual assault
- MundeleinMundelein board approves 10-acre annexation
- GenevaFunding lined up for long-awaited East State widening in Geneva
- LibertyvilleLibertyville Little League Baseball starting adult league
- Hanover ParkMissing Hanover Park woman located safely
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- BloomingdaleAuthorities investigating crash in Bloomingdale that leaves at least one injured
- ElginElgin police chief: Many changes this year, more in progress after shooting
- ElginPolice: 2 Streamwood men arrested in Elgin after fleeing traffic stop
- WaukeganRinehart seeks Democratic nomination for Lake County state's attorney