Sources: President's talks with foreign leader part of whistleblower complaint
The whistleblower complaint that has triggered a tense showdown between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress involves President Donald Trump's communications with a foreign leader, according to two former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.
Trump says he has ordered a substantial increase in sanctions against IranIt was not immediately clear what the increase in sanctions might entail.
Chicago mayor proposes zoning rule limiting pot dispensariesWhen the recreational use of marijuana becomes legal, Chicago's mayor wants its sale banned in the central business district, near schools and in residential areas
'He's the nicest guy on the planet': Trump taps O'Brien to be next national security adviserPresident Donald Trump named Robert O'Brien, who has served as the U.S. hostage negotiator, as his new national security adviser Wednesday, replacing the ousted John Bolton.
Number of abortions in US falls to lowest since 1973The number and rate of abortions in the U.S. have plunged to their lowest levels since the procedure became legal nationwide in 1973
Iran warns U.S. of 'broad' retaliation in case of any attackSecretary of State Mike Pompeo is headed to Saudi Arabia to discuss the brewing crisis.
In whiplash moment, Democrats are now backing away from Kavanaugh allegationsRepublicans eagerly focused on the latest claims about the Supreme Court justice, trying to use the issue against the Democratic Party.
Dillinger family members apply again to exhume his graveFamily members of 1930s gangster John Dillinger has submitted a new application to exhume his body from an Indianapolis cemetery
Israel's 2 main political parties deadlocked after electionIsrael's two main political parties are deadlocked after national elections, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu facing an uphill battle to keep his job.
Trump says a big China deal could come 'maybe soon.' That's unlikely.People close to the talks say the two sides are miles apart.
Japan exports sink on weaker trade with China, USJapan's exports fell 12% in August from a year earlier and its trade surplus
- 10:32 PMHumberto brushes Bermuda as new hurricane threatens Mexico
- 10:19 PMTropical Storm Lorena becomes a hurricane just offshore the coast of Colima, Mexico
- 10:13 PMCrowd size overwhelms Itasca hearing on Haymarket rehab center plans
- 10:02 PMRare California trout species returns to native habitat
- 9:48 PM'A dumb thing to do': Trudeau apologizes for brownface
- 9:41 PMNo truce: Trump keeps up feud with California during visit
- 9:10 PMOfficers sue over firings related to Chicago police shooting
More Suburban News
- PalatineProsecutors: Little City employee grabbed, kicked resident
- East DundeeEast Dundee trustees express support, initiate zoning process for pot sales
- Buffalo GroveChoice to lead Buffalo Grove police-fire panel will often have to fly in from Arizona
- Naperville120 artists to display works along Naperville Riverwalk
- North AuroraNorth Aurora man suspected in rash of car burglaries
- Prep FootballPalatine, Barrington teams come together for boy with Rett syndrome
- BarringtonEx-legislator over nude photos he is accused of posting online
- Kane CountyKane County panel gives recreational pot sales a yes vote, but it's not a done deal
- Rolling MeadowsWest Dundee woman sentenced to 10 years for two DUIs
- CrimeYork High student charged with threatening Elmhurst school
- Prep FootballBenet's QB duo is double trouble
- Prep SportsNaperville North, Naperville Central playing for a good cause
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Stevenson tops Zion-Benton
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Victory vs. Neuqua Valley sends WW South to Gold
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Schulman is a keeper for Vernon Hills golf