Jan. 6 trials slowed by mounting evidence in US Capitol riot
Nearly nine months have passed since the riot at the U.S. Capitol, and federal agents have arrested more than 600 people across the country believed to have joined in the Jan. 6 attack
Joint Chiefs chairman calls Afghan war a 'strategic failure'The top U.S. military officer called the 20-year war in Afghanistan a "strategic failure" and told Congress on Tuesday that he believes the U.S. should have kept several thousand troops in the country to prevent the unexpectedly rapid takeover by the Taliban.
In R. Kelly verdict, Black women see long-overdue justiceAccusers and others demanding accountability for R&B superstar R. Kelly over allegations that he was abusing young women and girls for decades say it took so long to get to a guilty verdict in part because his targets were Black
Milley defends calls to Chinese at end of Trump presidencyThe top U.S. military officer told Congress on Tuesday that he knew former President Donald Trump wasn't planning to attack China and that it was his job to reassure the Chinese of that fact in phone calls that have triggered outrage from some lawmakers.
Manchin, Sinema to meet with Biden in talks to trim legislative packageTwo key Democratic senators are expected to meet Tuesday with President Joe Biden at the White House as the party works to narrow his $3.5 trillion legislative package and momentum builds to close the deal with centrist and progressive lawmakers.
Atlanta spa-shooting suspect pleads not guilty in 4 killingsA man already sentenced to life in prison for killing four people at a massage business outside Atlanta pleaded not guilty to shooting four others at two spas inside the city
Where women took shelter from abuse, Taliban now in controlThe Taliban are trying to figure out, now that they are back in power in Afghanistan, how to handle some of the country's most vulnerable women - those in shelters
Hurricane Sam swirling over Atlantic with Category 4 windsHurricane Sam has strengthened again to a powerful Category 4 storm
In Murdaugh family scandal, tiny South Carolina town shakenThe influential Murdaugh family is at the center of an unfolding drama in the tiny South Carolina town of Hampton
Maryland newspaper gunman gets more than 5 life prison termsA judge has sentenced a man who killed five people at a newspaper to more than five life sentences without the possibility of parole
Two Europes: Low vaccine rates in east overwhelm ICUsThe vaccination situation in Europe is a story of two regions
Police suspect foul play at Swedish apartment building blastPolice suspect a blast at an apartment building in Sweden's second-largest city might have been caused by an explosive device
- 2:21 PMScars from 2015 Paris stadium bombing still pain victims
- 2:17 PMEditorial Roundup: Illinois
- 2:08 PMLow vaccine rate highlights Wyoming conservative streak
- 1:44 PMState fair attendance healthy after pandemic layoff
- 1:33 PMEngland WCup winner, Liverpool great Roger Hunt dies at 83
- 1:30 PMCouple celebrating 50th anniversary died in train derailment
- 1:09 PMSix Naperville firefighters suing city, others over vaccine, testing mandate
More Suburban News
- LindenhurstLindenhurst offering incentives to businesses that make upgrades
- GrayslakeFLAG Chevrolet in Grayslake to be sold; village incentives will be extended to new owner
- MundeleinNew deputy police chief introduced in Mundelein
- Mount ProspectAuthorities ID pedestrian killed in Mount Prospect collision
- Hoffman EstatesOfficials: Hoffman Estates fire started during plumbing work
- ElginSalvation Army hopes free music program can open doors for kids
- SchaumburgBritish brand of video gaming arena coming to Schaumburg
- HuntleyHuntley considering additional residential development
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Downers Grove North's 1-2 punch wins again
- Boys' BasketballGlenbard West's Huff commits to play at Gonzaga
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Kaneland wins conference title by 1 shot
- Girls' BasketballHersey's Eidle commits to Michigan
- ElginElgin museum hosting Native American folklorist Saturday
- Villa ParkSecond cannabis dispensary planned for Villa Park
- Oak BrookTeenager dies in Oak Brook car crash
Bull frogs, cow pies, rescue dogs and race horses are all part of The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September, 18-24, 2021.
Antioch visited Wauconda, Maine South played against Glenbrook North and Buffalo Grove played at Prospect on Friday night, September 24, 2021.
Everything from 9/11 memorials to high school football is reflected in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September 11-17, 2021.