J&J: Booster dose of its COVID shot prompts strong response
Johnson & Johnson released data showing that a booster dose to its one-shot coronavirus vaccine provides a strong immune response months after people receive a first dose.
Mayorkas says images from US border 'horrified' himHomeland Security chief Alejandro Mayorkas said Tuesday images of what appeared to be Border Patrol agents on horseback rounding up migrants trying to cross the southern border "horrified" him, but he stopped short of calling the new influx of migrants there a crisis.
Haitian journey to Texas border starts in South AmericaNearly all Haitians reach the U.S. border on a well-worn route: Fly to Brazil, Chile or elsewhere in South America. If jobs dry up, slowly move through Central America and Mexico by bus and on foot to wait -- perhaps years -- in northern border cities like Tijuana for the right time to enter the United States and claim asylum.
Taliban name deputy ministers, double down on all-male teamThe Taliban have expanded their interim Cabinet by naming more ministers and deputies, but failed to appoint any women
Former Metropolis artistic director responds to accusationsFormer Metropolis Performing Arts Centre artistic and executive director Joe Keefe reflects on his departure, acknowledging he caused distress to a coworker but declining to elaborate on what that was.
Lawyer: R. Kelly unlikely to take stand in trafficking trialA lawyer for R. Kelly has told a judge that the R&B singer is unlikely to take the witness stand at his sex-trafficking trial
Nerves on edge on Spanish island as quakes, lava threatenSeveral small earthquakes have shaken the Spanish island of La Palma off northwest Africa
European court: Russia responsible for Litvinenko killingThe European Court of Human Rights has backed the conclusion of a British inquiry that Russia was responsible for the killing of Alexander Litvinenko, a former Russian spy who died in 2006 after drinking tea laced with a radioactive material
5.9 earthquake causes minor damage in Australia, no injuriesA magnitude 5.9 earthquake has caused slight damage in suburban Melbourne in an unusually powerful temblor for Australia
Eruption on Spanish island could last 3 months, experts sayExperts say the volcanic eruption on a Spanish island and its aftermath could last for up to 84 days
EXPLAINER: Wide dangers ahead for Spanish volcanic islandThe eruption of a long-dormant volcano on a small Spanish island in the Atlantic Ocean forced the evacuation of more than 6,000 people and scientists are warning that more dangers lie ahead
- 1:59 AMRavaged by war, Syrian rebel area struggles with virus surge
- 1:51 AMNorthbrook, Glenview park districts win IAPD awards
- 12:58 AMOfficials: Many Haitian migrants are being released in US
- 12:05 AMSuspects in Kristin Smart disappearance could face trial
- 11:25 PMBeloved 'Sex and the City' actor Willie Garson dies at 57
- 11:00 PMToday in History
- 10:16 PMMissing man last seen at Lovell Federal Health Care Center
More Suburban News
- Lake ZurichPlan to establish first marijuana dispensary in Lake Zurich submitted
- Wood DaleFormer CEO of Wood Dale company acquitted of all charges
- Glen EllynPioneer Day returning to Stacy's Tavern Museum in Glen Ellyn
- EducationSchaumburg school will hold lockdown drill after classes Wednesday
- St. CharlesSt. Charles officials to break ground Wednesday on First Street Plaza expansion project
- McHenry County'Howl at the Wolf Oak' fest taking place Friday
- St. CharlesSt. Charles Electric Christmas Parade set to return this holiday season
- NapervilleGarage fire put out by Naperville Fire Department
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Bolin leads Grayslake Central to NLCC title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Paris, Barrington knock off Fremd
- Prep FootballWheaton North's O-line paving the way for big things
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Geneva wins 2nd straight DuKane title in dominating fashion
- NewsNorthbrook, Glenview park districts win IAPD awards
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Warren blanks Stevenson in NSC showdown
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Rolling Meadows, Barrington battle to scoreless draw
Everything from 9/11 memorials to high school football is reflected in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September 11-17, 2021.
9/11 remembrance ceremonies and other end-of-summer activities fill up The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September 4-10, 2021.