Justice says IRS must give Trump tax returns to Congress
The Justice Department, in a reversal, says the Treasury Department must provide the House Ways and Means Committee former President Donald Trump's tax returns, apparently ending a long legal showdown over the records.
CDC team: 'War has changed' as delta variant dangers emergeNew evidence showing the delta variant is as contagious as chickenpox and may be more dangerous than other versions has prompted U.S. health officials to consider changing advice on how the nation fights the coronavirus, internal documents show.
Japan to widen virus emergency after record spike amid GamesJapan is set to expand the coronavirus state of emergency in Tokyo to neighboring areas and the western city of Osaka in the wake of a record-breaking surge in infections while the capital hosts the Olympics.
Israel delivers booster shots of vaccine to people over 60Israeli health authorities began administering coronavirus booster shots Friday to people over 60 who've already received both does of a vaccine, in a bid to combat a recent spike in cases
To fight long lines, appointments will be required for new driver's licenses starting in SeptemberIllinois Secretary of State Jesse White is promising changes that includes requiring appointments after continued long lines at facilities focused on driver's licenses and identification cards. Appointments starting in September will be required at facilities in Schaumburg, Lombard, Des Plaines, Waukegan, Naperville, Aurora and Plano.
States race to use COVID-19 vaccines before they expireHundreds of thousands of COVID-19 vaccine doses have been saved from the trash after U.S. regulators extended their expiration date for a second time
Activists allege Myanmar leaders are 'weaponizing' COVID-19As COVID-19 deaths rise in Myanmar, allegations are growing that the military government is using the coronavirus pandemic to consolidate power and crush opposition
Did fudged evidence secure warrant to search Gacy's home? Podcast questions police workA new podcast by the son of John Wayne Gacy's defense attorney suggests police misrepresented two key bits of evidence that were used to get a search warrant that led to the killer's arrest.
Worker pay rises strongly as businesses fight to fill jobsWages and salaries rose at a healthy pace in the three months ended in June as employers competed to find enough workers to fill millions of available jobs.
Brutal killing spotlights violence against women in PakistanThe beheading of a young woman in an upscale neighborhood of Pakistan's capital has shone a spotlight on the relentless violence against women in the country
Death toll in wildfires that hit southern Turkey rises to 4Turkish fire crews are continuing to fight blazes in southern Turkey that burned down homes and forced evacuations
Cyprus to start COVID-19 vaccination of children 12 and overCyprus will start the voluntary COVID-19 vaccination of children over age 12 next week using mRNA shots produced by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, authorities said Friday.
- 7:35 AMFor US teen Buddhist lama, it's faith, school, football
- 6:20 AMFire crews still battling Turkish blazes as some reignite
- 5:43 AM2 rare Sumatran tigers recovering after catching COVID-19
- 5:08 AMEurope's vaccine passes reveal some pockets of resistance
- 4:59 AMIsraeli premier blames Iran for tanker attack; Tehran denies
- 3:32 AMOutgoing Iran president says government not always truthful
- 3:16 AMBurkina Faso sees more child soldiers as jihadi attacks rise
More Suburban News
- Wheaton'Postage paid': Wheaton neighborhood honors letter carrier retiring after four decades
- ElginElgin HopeFest: prayer, backpack giveaways, and free haircuts
- Lake CountyFair weather makes the Lake County Fair fun in it second day
- BarringtonHands-on experience with 'big wheels' at Barrington Big Trucks event
- St. CharlesSt. Charles Area Chamber looking for new leader
- EducationDist. 214 won't require students, staff to wear masks
- PalatineHundreds in Palatine sign petition asking to allow backyard hens
- Lake ZurichIf cases rise, Lake Zurich schools will require masks
- Glen EllynHow an 'ambitious project' would re-imagine Willowbrook Wildlife Center
- WheelingGrab your milk -- Crumbl Cookies coming to Wheeling
- Des PlainesNew restaurant coming to downtown Des Plaines
- BloomingdaleAngelo Caputo's Bloomingdale store to undergo $4 million in improvements
- NewsThe Week That Was: Arlington Park layoffs, Elgin buys DC Cook building and more
- Villa ParkBoy found dead in Villa Park apartment Saturday morning
- BartlettBartlett 'health care hero' advocates for physician assistants
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more