Supreme Court to weigh rollback of abortion rights
The Supreme Court agreed Monday to consider a major rollback of abortion rights, saying it will decide whether states can ban abortions before a fetus can survive outside the womb.
Israel says Gaza tunnels destroyed in heavy airstrikesThe Israeli military has unleashed a wave of heavy airstrikes on the Gaza Strip
'śSo I raped you.' Facebook message renews fight for justiceA series of online messages from a long-ago schoolmate has a Gettysburg College graduate trying again to get authorities to make an arrest in her 2013 sexual assault
Joy for UK pubs and hugs tempered by rise in virus variantPubs and restaurants across much of the U.K. are opening for indoor service for the first time since early January even as the prime minister urged people to be cautious amid the spread of a more contagious COVID-19 variant
Indiana ending enhanced pandemic jobless aid next monthIndiana is dropping out of a federal program that provides an extra $300 in weekly payments to unemployed workers and other programs that expanded unemployment benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic
Indiana casino's next owner expects to retain 700 employeesThe Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians plans to retain all 700-plus employees at a southern Indiana casino if state regulators approve its ownership of the casino later this year
Biden plan would pick winners, losers in move to green jobsSome companies are looking to President Joe Biden's giant infrastructure proposal to help transform the automotive sector as electric vehicles shift from a luxury niche to mainstream America
EXPLAINER: How worrying is the variant first seen in India?For the first time in months, people across England are meeting indoors at pubs, restaurants, cinemas, gyms and elsewhere as coronavirus rules were relaxed across the country on Monday
Germany: 5th suspect arrested over Dresden jewelry theftGerman investigators say they have arrested a fifth suspect in connection with the spectacular theft of 18th-century jewels from a Dresden museum in 2019
Rockets from Gaza rain havoc on Israeli cities in latest warPalestinian militants in the Gaza Strip have fired more than 3,200 rockets at Israeli cities since the latest war erupted over a week ago
Spain, Morocco square off after 6,000 migrants arrive by seaSpain is facing a humanitarian and diplomatic crisis after thousands of Moroccans took advantage of relaxed border controls in their nation to swim or paddle in inflatable boats onto European soil
- 6:02 AMPopeyes could be coming to Gurnee this summer
- 5:55 AMConstable: Are those who don't wear masks vaccinated or ... 'the other'?
- 4:19 AMIndia scours sea after barge sinks, 2nd adrift after cyclone
- 3:02 AMIsrael, Hamas trade fire in Gaza as war rages on
- 2:00 AMEXPLAINER: Are Israel, Hamas committing war crimes in Gaza?
- 1:53 AMHong Kong's new bishop wants differing views respected
- 1:46 AMBangladesh arrests journalist known for unearthing graft
More Suburban News
- NapervilleNaperville offering reward for information leading to shooting arrest
- CrimePolice: Man touched Arlington Heights girl walking to school
- Elk Grove VillageCook County approves tax break for Elk Grove business
- AuroraFormer Aurora woman admits to unlawfully posting private images
- NewsWalk-ins welcome Wednesday at vaccination clinic in Arlington Heights
- CrimePolice: 2 charged after theft of puppy at gunpoint in Glenview
- Prep SportsSoftball: Huntley pulls away from Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Benet beats Joliet Catholic, now 11-0
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Stevenson holds on for narrow win over Fremd
- Prep SportsBaseball: Glenbard East no-hits Larkin
- Prep SportsBaseball: Kaneland's Conklin blanks Sycamore
- BloomingdaleSuburban Palestinians, Jews distressed over rising tensions in Middle East
- Lake CountyLake County Board wants public input on redistricting
- PoliticsRepublicans introduce own ethics bill to get Democrats' attention
- Des PlainesRainbow flag now welcome at Des Plaines buildings
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
More people got vaccinations and several deserving teachers received awards in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 8-14, 2021.
People showed their concern for the environment and their lost classmates in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 1-7, 2021.