Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said Stone's crimes demanded a significant time behind bars, but she said the seven to nine years originally recommended by the Justice Department were excessive.
7 take-aways from the Democratic debateSix Democratic presidential hopefuls met on the debate stage in Las Vegas, but it was the newcomer, former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, who received the most attention, and none of it positive.
AP FACT CHECK: Democrats' debate flubs; Trump untruths at rallyA look at how some of their claims Wednesday night stack up with the facts.
Fired Chicago Police superintendent getting $190,000 pensionChicago's former police chief has been receiving a pension of more than $15,800 a month since the mayor fired him for allegedly lying about a night he was found asleep in his city-issued SUV, according to a newspaper report.
Mississippi man accused of killing 8 tears up during trialTestimony from a Mississippi woman whose son and nephew were two of the eight victims killed in an early morning shooting in 2017 was so emotional that the man accused of killing them was in tears
South Korea city urges 2.5M to stay home as virus cases growThe mayor of the South Korean city of Daegu is urging its 2.5 million people to refrain from going outside as cases of a new virus, linked to a local church congregation, spike
Analysis: Rod Blagojevich is out of prison thanks to a kind of mercy he rarely showed as governorAccording to the Illinois Prisoner Review Board, Rod Blagojevich took action on less than 25 percent of clemency petitions filed while he was governor. His delays in taking clemency action, earned him the nickname "Backlog Blagojevich."
Looted 18th century crown returned to Ethiopia after decadesA rare and looted crown from the 18th century has been returned to Ethiopia after it was discovered in the Netherlands two decades ago
Egypt's once-reviled street dogs get chance at a better lifeStreet dogs in Egypt are finding popular acceptance after centuries of social and religious stigma
Vatican sees intense interest in opening of Pius XII archiveMore than 150 historians and researchers have signed up to access the soon-to-open Vatican archives of Pope Pius XII
South Korea ups emergency response as viral cases surgeSouth Korea has declared a 'úspecial management zone'Ě around a southeastern city where a surging viral outbreak, largely linked to a church in Daegu, threatens to overwhelm the region's health system
- 9:57 PMTrump apparently not a fan of 'Parasite'
- 9:48 PMArizona governor, GOP lawmakers end sanctuary city ban push
- 9:41 PM16 cruise ship evacuees being moved to US hospitals
- 9:22 PMPolice say 2 killed, 3 injured in Idaho shooting
- 9:13 PMMom of 2 missing Idaho children arrested in Hawaii
- 9:11 PMFirm wants to recover the Titanic's iconic telegraph machine
- 9:08 PMTennessee man gets electric chair for killing fellow inmate
More Suburban News
- NapervilleLush beauty brand opening Naperville store
- LincolnshireLincolnshire man faces five counts of child pornography possession
- NapervilleNaperville's best pizza? Little Pops, event attendees say
- SchaumburgSchaumburg waiting to see what federal, state governments may do on vaping
- AlgonquinAlgonquin police: Body found in parked car
- NapervilleRoad capacity issue puts south Naperville subdivision on hold
- StreamwoodStreamwood man gets 6 years on child pornography charge
- PoliticsHow Republican opponents want to win back 6th Congressional District
- NewsAvon Townhip supervisor escapes possible censure, for now
- AlgonquinKane District 2 Dem hopefuls discuss tax levy, Longmeadow toll
- BartlettBartlett to consider alternative to complete smoking ban at parks
- Des PlainesAmita Health foundations unite for gala
- AuroraDriver dead, Aurora man charged with attempted murder after police chase
- MundeleinThis Mundelein 6-year-old is done with leukemia. Classmates call him a superhero.
- Boys' BasketballPalatine at Schaumburg: Big game, literally