1 officer indicted in Breonna Taylor case; not for her death
A Kentucky grand jury on Wednesday indicted a single former police officer for shooting into neighboring apartments but did not move forward with charges against any officers for their role in Breonna Taylor's death.
Roberts: Ginsburg was 'tough, brave, a fighter, a winner'Chief Justice John Roberts says the words that best describe the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg are "tough, brave, a fighter, a winner" but also "thoughtful, careful, compassionate, honest."
GOP Senate report on Biden son alleges conflict of interestTwo Republican-led Senate committees issued a politically charged report Wednesday alleging that the work Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's son did in Ukraine constituted a conflict of interest for the Obama administration at a time when Biden was engaged in Ukraine policy as vice president.
Single-dose vaccine tested as U.S. experts say no corners cutA huge international study of a COVID-19 vaccine that aims to work with just one dose is getting underway as top U.S. health officials sought Wednesday to assure a skeptical Congress and public that they can trust any shots the government ultimately approves.
Telling COVID's story: At UN, leaders spin virus storylinesAt the 75th annual United Nations General Assembly, world leaders are floating solutions to combating the coronavirus while sometimes criticizing other nations and arguing the U.N. itself needs reform
UK says no-deal Brexit could see 7,000-truck border queuesThe British government says there could be lines of 7,000 trucks at the English Channel and two-day waits to get into France immediately after the U.K. makes its economic break from the European Union
Report: Video refutes trooper who denied unmasking protesterRecords show a former Tennessee state trooper's insistence that he never yanked the mask off a protester near the state Capitol was refuted by surveillance footage and an eyewitness account from a fellow law enforcement officer
Russia's Navalny released from German hospital after 32 daysThe German hospital treating Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny for poisoning says his condition improved enough for him to be released
Chicago puts Wisconsin on quarantine list for second timeChicago officials Tuesday told visitors from Wisconsin for the second time that they must remain in quarantine for two weeks if they visit the city.
UN labor agency: Growing rich-poor gap amid COVID pandemicThe U.N. labor agency says the coronavirus pandemic has led to massive drop in income for workers around the world, warning of rising inequality between rich countries that have injected government cash into their economies and poorer countries that can't
Malaysian opposition leader Anwar plans new governmentMalaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim says he has secured a majority in Parliament to form a new government, but parties in the ruling coalition called it a cheap publicity stunt
Cold diggers? UN finds a record low in Greenland ice in 1991Climate historians hunting for past temperature extremes have unearthed what the U.N. weather agency calls a new record low in the Northern Hemisphere of nearly -70 degrees Celsius (-93 F) at a remote Greenland site _ tallied nearly three decades ago
- 2:01 PMInaugural Art of Inclusion piece to be painted Saturday in Naperville
- 2:00 PMIllinois COVID-19 death toll surpasses 8,500
- 1:56 PMArlington Heights village attorney retiring
- 1:55 PMSchaumburg police support Special Olympics with 'Cop in the Lot'
- 1:55 PM'We have too many guns': Casten proposes national gun buyback program
- 1:54 PMBarrington High grad leading effort for later school start times
- 1:46 PM'I was in a little bit of a tunnel vision': Lisle officer rescues boy from burning home
More Suburban News
- Lake CountyLake County state's attorney candidates clash over 'prosecutor accountability plan'
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove will allow, but not endorse, trick-or-treating
- Carol StreamMilton Township supervisor pleads guilty to DUI
- NapervilleInaugural Art of Inclusion piece to be painted Saturday in Naperville
- Lake CountyLake County sheriff's office warns of impersonator scamming residents
- Cook CountyWatch Patlak, Wendt in feisty Board of Review debate
- Buffalo GroveRick Rockets 'fuel center' could be coming to Buffalo Grove
- PoliticsWatch Mussman, Pappas debate Kegarise, Lewis for Illinois House
- LibertyvilleDrive-through COVID-19 testing in Libertyville
- EducationAlgonquin's District 300 votes to keep grades 4 through 12 remote until January
- DuPage CountyProposed DuPage County budget won't raise property taxes
- West ChicagoSenate 25th District candidates debate ethics, taxes
- NewsWater-based crematorium to open in Arlington Heights
- BartlettOne Taco, Dos Tequilas restaurant coming to Palatine
- Crime'We have too many guns': Casten proposes national gun buyback program