New York Police Department fires officer in Eric Garner case
Daniel Pantaleo was fired after a five-year fight over whether he used a chokehold on Garner before his death.
74% of economists in survey see US recession by end of 2021Nearly three-quarters of economists in survey see US recession by 2021
A look at the Islamic State affiliate's rise in AfghanistanA look at Islamic State group's rise in Afghanistan in wake of wedding attack and as US hopes Taliban will rein it in
Police digitally alter mugshot after witnesses said a bank robber had no facial tattoosProsecutors say the move was necessary because the suspect could have been wearing makeup. His attorney says admitting the evidence could have worrisome implications.
Rep. Steve King says media, GOP leaders owe him an apology after his comments on rape, incestRep. Steve King is demanding an apology from the news media and Republican leaders after he remarked last week that humanity might not exist if not for rape and incest.
Danish PM: Trump's idea of buying Greenland is 'absurd'Denmark's Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen says U.S. President Donald Trump's idea of buying Greenland from Denmark is "an absurd discussion," reiterating that the Arctic semi-autonomous Danish territory is not for sale
Three days, three caches of weapons, three potential crimes thwarted, authorities sayPolice in three states might have prevented mass shootings over the weekend by arresting a 22-year-old man from Connecticut, a 25-year-old Floridian and a 20-year-old Ohio resident, all of whom had access to firearms and ammunition and threatened dangerous action, authorities said.
Law allows Illinois to take action on climate changeGov. J.B. Pritzker has signed a law allowing Illinois to take its own action to slow climate change
Northern Indiana city outfits recreation trails with camerasA northern Indiana city has installed surveillance cameras along its network of recreation trails to help make them safer for users
Get to work, kids _ but Illinois says get a permit firstThe Illinois Department of Labor is reminding teenagers younger than 16 to obtain a work permit to work legally
Hong Kong's leader vows to narrow rifts, but no specificsHong Kong leader Carrie Lam says she's setting up a "communication platform" to resolve differences in the city after months of anti-government protests
- 4:56 AMWhite House insists 'fundamentals' of US economy are strong
- 4:39 AMIndiana agency OKs cleanup plan for former hospital site
- 4:28 AMGlobal shares mostly rise after Wall Street rally on Huawei
- 4:13 AM'Protesters vs. police': HK die-hards defend their stance
- 3:44 AMAnother migrant jumps off rescue ship in desperate move
- 3:40 AMHuawei expects no relief from US sanctions but is confident
- 2:59 AMMilitants leave key rebel town as Syrian troops push in
More Suburban News
- CrimePolice release two persons of interest in Arlington Heights shooting
- St. CharlesSt. Charles leaning toward allowing 2 recreational pot businesses
- NapervilleNaperville neighbors oppose added traffic from development
- West DundeeWest Dundee pizzeria to open Tuesday
- CrimeArlington Heights shooting probe continues
- NapervillePaneling project could help Naperville 'build up on solar'
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect 'Summer Slide' pub crawl set for Sept. 14
- Des PlainesDes Plaines man faces sex assault, child pornography charges
- LibertyvilleWine, beer and cigar fest set for Saturday in Libertyville
- Elk Grove VillageDeveloper, Elk Grove Township homeowners negotiate as annexation deal looms
- Long GroveShoppers hunt 'haggle-able' finds at Long Grove Vintage Days
- NewsDistrict 211 sets meeting on superintendent search
- GurneeFall session of Gurnee Citizen Police Academy starts Aug. 29
- Island LakeIsland Lake Corn Fest has visitors grinning ear to ear
- WaucondaWauconda group to talk marijuana sales