Powerful Democratic Congressman Elijah Cummings has died
Maryland Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, a sharecropper's son who rose to become the powerful chairman of one of the U.S. House committees leading an impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump, died Thursday of complications from longstanding health problems. He was 68.
U.S. envoy key to Ukraine probe distances himself from TrumpThe U.S. ambassador to the European Union said Thursday that President Donald Trump directed him and other envoys to work with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, on Ukraine policy and that he disagreed with the directive.
UK, EU reach tentative Brexit deal; still needs ratificationBritain and the European Union finally reached a tentative Brexit deal on Thursday, hoping to escape the acrimony, divisions and bitter frustrations of their three-year divorce battle. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson now must sell the accord to a recalcitrant Parliament.
Pence meets with Erdogan, seeking Syria border cease-fireA senior U.S. delegation led by Vice President Mike Pence pursued an uphill mission Thursday to persuade Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to call for a cease-fire in his fight with Kurdish forces in northern Syria.
'We're not fighting for paychecks and health care': Chicago teachers say strike is about kidsChicago teachers went on strike Thursday, marching on picket lines after failing to reach a contract deal with the nation's third-largest school district in a dispute that canceled classes for more than 300,000 students.
Aid groups scramble to reach Syrians as battle lines shiftAid groups in northeastern Syria are scrambling to provide humanitarian assistance to hundreds of thousands of people as rapidly shifting battle lines make it increasingly difficult to reach them
Cause for hope and caution following police shooting in homeMany in the black community say they've seen at least initial signs of swifter action in the days after Atatiana Jefferson's killing by a white Fort Worth police officer, but also are noticing some recurring themes
Former Nazi SS guard, 93, goes on trial in HamburgA 93-year-old former SS private is on trial in Hamburg, Germany on 5,230 counts of being an accessory to murder, accused of helping the Nazis' Stutthof concentration camp function
Opposition lawmakers again shout down Hong Kong leaderHong Kong leader Carrie Lam has been forced from the legislative chamber for the second day by opposition members protesting a bloody attack on a protest leader
The Latest: Northern Irish party rejects new Brexit dealNorthern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party has confirmed it won't vote for British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Brexit deal in Parliament, saying it is not "in Northern Ireland's long term interests"
Detectives across US grill serial killer, close cold casesInstructions for interviewing serial killer Samuel Little: Keep him talking, don't interrupt him and, no matter what, don't ask why he killed his victims
- 10:25 AMTrump to tour Louis Vuitton facility before Dallas rally
- 10:19 AMPence meets with Erdogan, seeking Syria border cease-fire
- 10:16 AMConstable: Veterinarians need to be dogged about opioid abuse
- 10:15 AMBuffalo Grove considers $240K software purchase to reduce red tape
- 10:15 AMDeKalb man charged with sexually assaulting Aurora teen
- 10:15 AMWidow testifies husband attacked from behind in fatal Aurora birthday fight
- 10:13 AMDistrict 303 approves new contract, updated goals for Superintendent Pearson
More Suburban News
- Hanover ParkSouthbound Barrington Road in Hanover Park reopens after crash
- SchaumburgZurich North America in Schaumburg to hold 'Chicago Fire' contest
- Lake BarringtonTownhouses catch fire in Lake Barrington
- NapervilleNaperville veteran uses photo business to boost charities
- AuroraDeKalb man charged with sexually assaulting Aurora teen
- ElburnProsecutors: DUI arrest of St. Charles man turns up cache of drugs
- AuroraNew spot for Diwali Festival of Lights in Aurora
- St. CharlesDistrict 303 approves new contract, updated goals for Superintendent Pearson
- Oak BrookDuPage forest district looking to revitalize Mayslake Peabody Estate
- Prep FootballStilling impressed with Schaumburg's defense
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Elgin adds blemish to West Chicago's record
- Prep FootballGlenbard South, Glenbard East ready to renew rivalry
- Prep FootballElk Grove's Ridge, WW South's Rogers Week 7 MVPs
- MundeleinMundelein approves grant for pot store
- MundeleinFree organ concert Sunday in Mundelein