Deal sealed on federal budget, ensuring no shutdown, default
President Donald Trump and congressional leaders announced late Monday they had struck a critical debt and budget agreement. The deal amounts to an against-the-odds victory for Washington pragmatists seeking to avoid politically dangerous tumult over the possibility of a government shutdown or first-ever federal default.
In high-stakes Mueller hearing, there are big risks for everyoneRobert Mueller has vowed he won't go beyond what he's already written about Russia, President Donald Trump and obstruction of justice when he testifies on Wednesday, but there's a lot at stake in how much -- or how little -- he brings to life the dry specifics of his 448-page report.
Puerto Ricans worry about future if embattled governor staysThe political crisis in Puerto Rico has escalated to a point where many question how Gov. Ricardo Rosselló will be able to govern the U.S. territory in upcoming days and possibly weeks despite massive protests to oust him
Trump says China is paying his tariffs, but U.S. companies keep getting the billLeading business organizations that support Trump's goals say tariffs are a costly and disruptive tool that should be shelved.
A supermarket worker vanished 10 years ago. He was trapped behind a cooler the whole time.The coolers made so much noise that Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada's cries for help were likely muffled, police said.
Two police officers fired for Facebook post that suggested Ocasio-Cortez should be shotTwo Louisiana police officers were fired Monday for a Facebook post that suggested Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., should be shot.
Boris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, in his own colorful wordsBoris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, had once said his chances of becoming the country's leader were "about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."
Never-Googlers: Web users take the ultimate step to guard their dataAs reports surface regarding how the online advertising giant tracks consumers, some try to reclaim their online footsteps.
Li Peng, Chinese premier during Tiananmen crackdown, diesLi Peng, a former hard-line Chinese premier best known for announcing martial law during the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests, has died
Man dies following apparent fireworks explosion in ChicagoAuthorities say a man has died following an apparent explosion involving fireworks in Chicago
Biden criminal justice plan reverses part of 1994 crime billDemocratic presidential candidate Joe Biden plans to propose a criminal justice agenda that would reverse key provisions of the 1994 crime bill he helped write as a senator
- 11:11 AMSugar Grove Corn Boil ready to serve up family fun
- 10:55 AMPakistan PM says he'll work for peace accord in Afghanistan
- 10:55 AMJudge OKs settlement letting transgender people use restrooms matching gender identity in many North Carolina restrooms
- 10:54 AMImmigration operation touted by Trump nets 35 arrests
- 10:53 AMSenators unveil compromise to reduce drug costs for seniors
- 10:52 AMFlorida lawmaker: Probe Epstein work release from jail
- 10:27 AMLawmakers return to assess budget and debt agreement
More Suburban News
- GenevaFunding lined up for long-awaited East State widening in Geneva
- ElginElgin police chief: Many changes this year, more in progress after shooting
- BloomingdaleAuthorities investigating crash in Bloomingdale that leaves at least one injured
- ElginPolice: 2 Streamwood men arrested in Elgin after fleeing traffic stop
- WaukeganRinehart seeks Democratic nomination for Lake County state's attorney
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect welcomes new library director
- Hoffman EstatesHow Harper's HOPE Giving Circle supports young women leaders
- Hanover ParkPolice searching for missing Hanover Park woman
- LibertyvilleLake County zoning panel considers updated rules for solar energy
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- GrayslakeAlternative church camp continues after being ravaged by Wisconsin storms
- Sugar GroveSugar Grove Corn Boil ready to serve up family fun
- Hoffman EstatesMultithemed escape-room business to open in Hoffman Estates
- MundeleinMundelein scaling back plans for pedestrian overpass at Metra station