Resident injured when mulch ignites inside Palatine garage

 
 
Updated 7/6/2022 10:28 AM

One person was injured when a bag of mulch ignited inside the attached garage of a Palatine home early Sunday morning, Palatine Fire Department officials said.

Firefighters were called to the two-story, single-family house on the 700 block of East Stark Drive at about 1:50 a.m. for a report of a fire in the garage. Upon arrival, firefighters encountered smoke and fire showing from the garage.

 

Residents of the home reported everyone had escaped. It's unclear what type of injuries were sustained by the person transported to a nearby hospital. The injured person's condition is unknown.

No firefighters were injured battling the blaze, fire officials said.

It took firefighters 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze. Despite smoke damage to the house, it was deemed habitable.

No damage estimate was available.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.