Northfield police reports: July 19-25
The following incidents were reported to the Northfield Police Department. Any charges are only accusations, not findings of guilt. For information, call (847) 446-2131 or visit northfieldil.org.
• Arrest -- violation of order of protection/stalking: Officers arrested Belasasar Suasnavart-Luna, 41, of Chicago, at 7:37 p.m. July 19 on charges of misdemeanor violation of order of protection and felony stalking. Suasnavart-Luna is accused of following a person near Central Avenue and Maple Street on July 12 after that person had obtained an order of protection against him. Suasnavart-Luna was taken to the Skokie Courthouse on July 20 for a bond hearing.
• Arrest -- driving while license revoked/warrant: Officers arrested Richard M. Seitz Jr., 31, of DeKalb, at 12:51 p.m. July 21 near Willow and Sunset Ridge roads on charges of driving while license revoked and failure to yield turning left. Officers also learned that there was a failure to appear warrant for Seitz Jr. out of downstate Madison County. Seitz Jr was cited for the traffic violations and released on an I-Bond pending an Aug. 27 court date in Skokie. Seitz Jr. posted a $2,000 bond for the failure to appear warrant pending a Madison County court date.
• Residential burglary: Officers responded to a home on the 300 block of Eaton Street at 2:13 p.m. July 22 for a report of a burglary that had occurred between 9:30 p.m. July 21 and 11:30 a.m. July 22 in an attached garage. A generator and several battery chargers were missing. The detective is investigating.
• Identity theft: Officers responded at 2:08 p.m. to the 2300 block of Winnetka Court, where they spoke with a resident who reported that an unauthorized credit card account had been opened in their name. The detective is investigating.
• Disturbance: Officers responded to the 1600 block of Willow Road for a reported argument between the driver and several passengers in a vehicle at 12:40 a.m. July 24. The passengers chose to arrange for other transportation, and the driver left the area.