Graduates in the Class of 2021: 378
Senior Class President: Evelyn Leary
• Seven National Merit Finalists; 27 National Merit Commended; 138 Honors Graduates; 179 National Honors Society; 107 Illinois State Scholars; Five National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars.
• Math Team finished third in state
• Science Olympiad seventh in state
• Science Team ninth in state for Academic Challenge in Engineering & Science
• 46 students qualified to compete in Future Business Leaders of America Nationals this summer.
• Cheerleading finished third in state;
• Football had an undefeated season (5-0)
• Fall Radio Plays: "The 39 Steps" and "The Great Chicago Dojo Wars"
• Winter: "The Party Hop" and student-directed one-act plays
• Spring: "The Institute," a new musical by the students of Vernon Hills High School
What traditional events were adapted for the pandemic and how?
This will be our first graduation ceremony outside at the stadium with the entire senior class.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2021:
I have deep gratitude and admiration for this graduating senior class. From the very beginning of this school year, they have been a model of courage, resilience and perseverance. They have taken it upon themselves to find ways to encourage each other, celebrate their peers and focus on the good to come. I always say that as a school we go as our senior class goes. They are our leaders. In this case, I'm proud to say the Class of 2021 has left its mark. We are proud of them.
-- Principal Jon Guillaume