Olympics Latest: 6 banished for breaking COVID rules
Tokyo Olympics organizers say they have banished six people for breaking rules designed to protect against COVID-19 cases
Europe's vaccine passes reveal some pockets of resistanceItaly and France are introducing Europe's toughest vaccine pass regimes for normal social activities like dining indoors at restaurants, visiting museums and attending sporting events
For US teen Buddhist lama, it's faith, school, footballIn most ways, Jalue Dorje is a typical American teen - he grew up in a suburb of Minneapolis, loving football, Pok√©mon and rap music
Facts Matter: Middle school students not forced to take vaccineA claim that middle schoolers were forced to get COVID-19 vaccines is a lie, Trump repeats a falsehood about Arizona vote results, and Biden misstates changes in car prices, Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
Illinois to open reservations for controlled pheasant huntIllinois officials are set to begin accepting permit reservations for the pheasant hunting season
CDC team: 'War has changed' as delta variant dangers emergeNew evidence showing the delta variant is as contagious as chickenpox and may be more dangerous than other versions has prompted U.S. health officials to consider changing advice on how the nation fights the coronavirus, internal documents show.
To fight long lines, appointments will be required for new driver's licenses starting in SeptemberIllinois Secretary of State Jesse White is promising changes that includes requiring appointments after continued long lines at facilities focused on driver's licenses and identification cards. Appointments starting in September will be required at facilities in Schaumburg, Lombard, Des Plaines, Waukegan, Naperville, Aurora and Plano.
Did fudged evidence secure warrant to search Gacy's home? Podcast questions police workA new podcast by the son of John Wayne Gacy's defense attorney suggests police misrepresented two key bits of evidence that were used to get a search warrant that led to the killer's arrest.
53 winners of pot shop license lottery announcedFollowing a year of acrimony and delays, state officials have announced that 53 firms entered in the state's first pot shop lottery had earned the rights to 55 lucrative licenses.
New law aims to expand affordable housing through $75 million investment, tax creditsGov. J.B. Pritzker on Thursday signed a measure aimed at increasing affordable housing investment in Illinois, as well as a measure expanding the state's low-income energy assistance program.
Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire SaturdayThe Biden administration on Thursday announced it will allow a nationwide ban on evictions to expire Saturday, arguing that its hands are tied after the Supreme Court signaled it could only be extended until the end of the month.
- 6:18 PMWaukegan man charged with sexual assault
- 5:55 PMCharles Connor, drummer for Little Richard, dies at age 86
- 5:51 PMSeventy employees evacuated, three hospitalized after ammonia leak at Wheeling pizza factory
- 5:50 PMDriver killed in two-car crash in Westmont
- 5:33 PMFlood watches in US West as mudslides close major interstate
- 5:27 PMArt at the Glen returns to Glenview for the 18th year
- 4:29 PMPandemic eviction crisis leads to greater tenant protections
More Suburban News
- NewsArt at the Glen returns to Glenview for the 18th year
- Wheaton'Postage paid': Wheaton neighborhood honors letter carrier retiring after four decades
- BartlettBartlett 'health care hero' advocates for physician assistants
- St. CharlesBeef Shack returning to St. Charles after closing in 2020
- Long GroveCan Long Grove find a way to keep drivers from hitting bridge cover?
- ElginElgin HopeFest: prayer, backpack giveaways, and free haircuts
- Lake CountyFair weather makes the Lake County Fair fun in it second day
- BarringtonHands-on experience with 'big wheels' at Barrington Big Trucks event
- St. CharlesSt. Charles Area Chamber looking for new leader
- AuroraParents rally for school mask mandate in Aurora
- PalatineHundreds in Palatine sign petition asking to allow backyard hens
- Lake ZurichIf cases rise, Lake Zurich schools will require masks
- EducationAfter new CDC guidance, here's where suburban school districts stand on masks
- WaukeganWaukegan man charged with sexual assault
- WheelingSeventy employees evacuated, three hospitalized after ammonia leak at Wheeling pizza factory
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more