Biden vows enough vaccine for all U.S. adults by end of May
The announcement comes as the White House looks to speed the production of the single-dose vaccine. Officials have said J&J faced unexpected production issues with its vaccine and produced only 3.9 million doses ahead of its receiving emergency use authorization on Saturday. The company says it is on pace to deliver 100 million doses by the end of June.
Critics: Cuomo apology 'tone-deaf,' ignores power imbalanceWhen Yuh-Line Niou first arrived in Albany to work as a legislative aide in 2013, lawmakers grabbed her buttocks, suggested she and her boss were "a hot duo" who should have sex, and peered into her office to check her out for a "hot or not" list.
FBI chief calls Jan. 6 'domestic terrorism,' defends handling of intelligenceFBI Director Chris Wray condemned the January riot at the U.S. Capitol as "domestic terrorism" Tuesday as he defended the bureau's handling of intelligence indicating the prospect for violence. He told lawmakers the information was properly shared with other law enforcement agencies even though it was raw and unverified.
Analysis: Biden retreats from vow to make pariah of SaudisAs a presidential candidate, Joe Biden promised to make a pariah out of Saudi Arabia over the 2018 killing of dissident Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi. But when it came time to actually punish Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Biden's perception of America's strategic interests prevailed.
Israeli attorney general slams Netanyahu's vaccine diplomacyIsrael's attorney general has warned Benjamin Netanyahu that he cannot single-handedly share the country's surplus vaccines with far-flung allies in Africa, Europe and Latin America
EU envoy urges Kosovo to resume talks with SerbiaThe European Union's special envoy has called on Kosovo and Serbia to resume talks on normalizing their ties
Polish court acquits activists who put LGBT rainbow on iconA Polish court has acquitted three activists who had been accused of desecration for adding the LGBT rainbow to images of a revered Roman Catholic icon
5 hurt in Chicago high-rise carbon monoxide leak, fireFive people have been hurt in a carbon monoxide leak and fire in a Chicago apartment building
CNN's Chris Cuomo says he 'obviously' can't cover brotherCNN host Chris Cuomo told viewers on Monday that he 'obviously' could not cover the accusations against his older brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo
Groups ask France to probe 2013 Syria chemical attacksA group of Syrian chemical attack survivors and Syrian rights groups have filed a criminal complaint in France over two August 2013 attacks outside Damascus
Texas and other states ease COVID-19 rules despite warningsTexas has become the biggest state to lift its mask rule, joining a rapidly growing movement by governors and other leaders across the U.S. to loosen COVID-19 restrictions despite alarmed pleas from health officials not to let down their guard yet
- 5:58 PMColorado hunter banned from 48 states after poaching spree
- 5:46 PMAs virus-era attacks on Asians rise, past victims look back
- 5:30 PMVernon Jordan, activist, former Clinton adviser, dies at 85
- 5:30 PMLongtime Indiana casino exec selling out after allegations
- 5:21 PMBenjamin White: 2021 candidate for Naperville City Council
- 5:11 PMJames Haselhorst: 2021 candidate for Naperville City Council
- 5:11 PMVincent E. Ory: 2021 candidate for Naperville City Council
More Suburban News
- WheelingNo bail for Wheeling man charged with sexually abusing girls
- MundeleinPublic hearing set for controversial Thorntons plan in Mundelein
- HuntleyHuntley downtown picnic tables enjoyed last summer could be here to stay
- NapervilleDuPage Children's Museum reopens in a limited capacity
- ElginNew corporate headquarters, with jobs to fill, may come to Elgin
- Villa ParkMan gets 8-year sentence for Villa Park carjacking
- Addison3rd Chicago teen charged in Addison carjacking
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove trustee candidates talk business at chamber forum
- CrimeSuspect in custody in deadly North Chicago shooting
- ItascaItasca candidate forums planned
- Vernon HillsWhy six candidates say they're running for Vernon Hills village board
- Des PlainesRaises approved for about 40 Des Plaines municipal workers
- Des PlainesGrant program created to help Des Plaines businesses recover from pandemic
- NapervilleHow Naperville council candidates think the city should tackle affordable housing
- NapervilleNaperville father, attorney appointed to District 203 school board
An attempt to build snowmen and finding golf balls in the snow are part of The Week in Pictures photo gallery for February 20-26, 2021.
It was a busy and unpredictable couple of weeks and Daily Herald photographers present it in The Week in Pictures for February 6-19, 2021.
Suburbanites were digging out of more snow Tuesday and Gov. J.B. Pritzker issued a disaster proclamation for the entire state.