4 accused of plotting school attack on Columbine anniversary
Authorities say four teenagers have been charged with a plot to attack a Pennsylvania high school in 2024 on the 25th anniversary of the massacre at Colorado's Columbine High School
South Korea urges North to restore hotlines for any talksSouth Korea is urging North Korea to restore dormant communication hotlines, a day after the North repeated an offer to open conditional talks
Stacks of burial vaults aren't evidence COVID-19 was plannedStacks of burial vaults aren't evidence COVID-19 was planned, vaccines won't protect against hurricanes, and cursing is protected by the constitution, writes Bob Oswald.
Firefighters hope cooling temps help battle California blazeFirefighters hope shifting winds and cooling temperatures over the next few days will aid their efforts to battle a destructive wildfire in a drought-stricken forest in California's far north
EXPLAINER: Who's eligible for Pfizer booster shots in US?Millions of Americans are now eligible to receive a Pfizer booster shot to help increase their protection against the worst effects of the coronavirus
8 dead as al-Shabab claims blast in Somalia's capitalPolice said a vehicle laden with explosives rammed into cars and trucks at a checkpoint leading to the entrance of the Presidential Palace, killing at least eight people
Hong Kong June 4 vigil organizers to disband amid crackdownThe Hong Kong group that had organized annual vigils in remembrance of victims of the Chinese military's crushing of the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests has voted to disband amid a crackdown on independent political activism in the semi-autonomous city
Driver seriously injured in shooting on I-90 near Hoffman EstatesAn Elgin man was seriously injured early Sunday when hit by gunfire coming from another vehicle on Interstate 90 near Hoffman Estates, Illinois State Police said.
'We share a bond': Gold Star families gather for Naperville groundbreakingGold Star families, community leaders and others gathered Sunday in Naperville's Veterans Park for the groundbreaking ceremony of the Naperville Gold Star Families Memorial Monument.
Investigators probe deadly Amtrak derailment in MontanaFederal officials sent a team of investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board to the site of an Amtrak derailment in north-central Montana that killed three people and left seven hospitalized Sunday
Aldermen, residents raise objections to St. Charles apartment proposalSt. Charles aldermen and residents are voicing concerns about the size of a 340-unit apartment community proposed near the city's east side. Wisconsin-based Continental Properties wants to build the apartment community on the 27 acres north of Smith Road at Pheasant Trail known as the Petkus property.
- 5:24 PMGreat Chicago Fire 150th anniversary part of Cantigny lecture series
- 5:22 PMMundelein fire station roof to be replaced
- 4:00 PMFriends, family flock to Long Island to mourn Gabby Petito
- 3:13 PMAfter captivity, Nigerian students seek overseas education
- 3:05 PMA look at recent Amtrak accidents
- 12:39 PMEx-Northwestern professor to stand trial in fatal stabbing
- 12:26 PMLake Villa man charged in Cary man's fatal drug overdose
More Suburban News
- CaryCary working on tighter regulations for massage businesses
- ElginIDPH downgrades Advocate Sherman Hospital's trauma center designation
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows and mayor reach settlement with fired city manager
- GrayslakeGrayslake to purchase, preserve green space near downtown to avoid further flood damage
- PoliticsPark Ridge parents sue District 64 over quarantine demand
- Long GroveLong Grove Apple fest off to a sweet start
- CaryVillage of Cary accepts $500,000 donation for community plaza, police drone
- Prep FootballBatavia pulls out another thriller
- Des PlainesDes Plaines teens arrested after fight
- ElginNo injuries in fire that leaves Elgin home uninhabitable
- Glen EllynWalk for Brain Aneurysm Awareness on Sunday morning at College of DuPage
- Prep SportsCross country: York, Lake Zurich's Johnston shine at Palatine invite
- Prep FootballLake Zurich, Round Lake, Lakes score big wins
- Naperville'We share a bond': Gold Star families gather for Naperville groundbreaking
- St. CharlesAldermen, residents raise objections to St. Charles apartment proposal
Bull frogs, cow pies, rescure dogs and race horses are all part of The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September, 18-24, 2021.
Antioch visited Wauconda, Maine South played against Glenbrook North and Buffalo Grove played at Prospect on Friday night, September 24, 2021.
Everything from 9/11 memorials to high school football is reflected in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for September 11-17, 2021.