COVID delay: New coronavirus relief may slip past election
Congress is quickly moving past the point at which it can deliver more coronavirus relief before the election, with differences between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, her Senate Republican rivals and President Donald Trump proving durable despite the glaring needs of the country.
Vaccine storage issues could leave 3 billion people without accessFrom factory to syringe, the world's most promising coronavirus vaccine candidates need non-stop sterile refrigeration to stay potent and safe. But despite enormous strides in equipping developing countries to maintain the vaccine "cold chain," nearly 3 billion of the world's 7.8 billion people live where temperature-controlled storage is insufficient for an immunization campaign to bring COVID-19 under control.
As virus surges, Iran breaks one-day record for deaths againIran's single-day death toll from the coronavirus smashed a record set less than a week ago, with 337 dead confirmed Monday as a resurgence of infections is overwhelming hospitals.
World struggles as confirmed COVID-19 cases pass 40 millionThe number of confirmed COVID-19 cases across the planet has surpassed 40 million, but experts say that is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the true impact of the pandemic that has upended life and work around the world.
Poll: 1 in 4 US workers have weighed quittingA quarter of U.S. workers say they have even considered quitting their jobs as worries related to the pandemic weigh on them, according to a new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research in collaboration with the software company SAP. A fifth say they have taken leave.
Florida begins early voting with no major problems reportedFloridians began early voting in much of the state Monday with no serious problems reported as the Trump campaign tries to cut into an early advantage Democrats have posted in mail-in votes in the key swing state.
Inside the 'Malarkey Factory,' Biden's online war roomJoe Biden's campaign has quietly built a multimillion-dollar operation over the past two months that's largely designed to combat misinformation online, aiming to rebut President Donald Trump while bracing for any information warfare that could take place in the aftermath of the election.
Some states allow ballots if voters die before Election DayAt 90 years old and living through a global pandemic, Hannah Carson knows time may be short. She wasted no time returning her absentee ballot for this year's election.
Trump goes after Fauci, tries to buck up his campaign teamPresident Donald Trump sought Monday to buck up his campaign staffers two weeks from Election Day, dismissing the cautionary coronavirus advice of his scientific experts as well as polling showing him trailing Democratic rival Joe Biden across key battleground states.
India army apprehends Chinese soldier amid military standoffThe Indian military says it apprehended a Chinese soldier in the remote Ladakh region, where the two countries are locked in a monthslong military standoff along their disputed mountain border
Iran again breaks its single-day record for virus deathsIran says it again breaks the record for its highest single-day death toll from the coronavirus with 337 people dead
Large earthquake off Alaska prompts tsunami fears, fleeingThe National Tsunami Warning Center has lifted a tsunami advisory after a reported 7.5 magnitude earthquake off the Alaska Peninsula on Monday
- 3:31 AMFrom 'role models' to sex workers: Kenya's child labor rises
- 3:05 AMWhat are the treatment options for COVID-19?
- 1:30 AMDuterte says he can be held responsible for drug killings
- 1:30 AMArgentina passes 1 million cases as virus hits Latin America
- 12:49 AMHow Trump plowed through $1 billion, losing cash advantage
- 12:34 AMWoman missing for 2 weeks found safe in Zion National Park
- 12:22 AM6 Russian military officers charged in vast hacking campaign
More Suburban News
- EducationCOVID-19 cases force Prairie Ridge to return to remote learning
- GenevaTwo suburban breweries medal at first virtual Great American Beer Festival
- AddisonAddison man dies from crash injuries
- Downers GroveDowners Grove man pleads guilty to trying to rob a North Central College student
- LibertyvillePolice looking for Libertyville carjackers
- EducationDistrict 116 to stick with remote learning for now
- NapervilleNaperville man charged with attempted child abduction
- Lake CountyLake circuit clerk candidates seek greater access to records
- ElginBlues harmonica virtuoso Corky Siegel helps Chamber Music on the Fox kick off season
- WaukeganPassenger killed in Waukegan crash
- PoliticsSchneider, Ramirez Mukherjee debate immigration, racial issues
- McHenry CountyChild Advocacy Center of McHenry County raises money for comfort dog's surgery, recovery
- NewsGlenview police investigating Sunday hit-and-run
- LibertyvilleDrive-through COVID-19 testing coming to Libertyville, Vernon Hills
- St. CharlesKoenen reflects on nearly 40 years of 'wonderful days' serving St. Charles
Through the Film Magnifier: Chubby Checker, Harrison Ford, Astronaut Jim Lovell and Dance Fever contestants