Historic Campana building damaged by firework that went off inside foyer
The historic Campana building in Batavia was damaged during the holiday weekend by a firework that went off inside the main foyer, authorities said.
Batavia police believe the explosive could have been set off any time between Friday and Monday, when the burns to the marble and walls were reported, Cmdr. Eric Blowers said. The damage was caused by one large firework and is entirely cosmetic, he said, noting it can likely be cleaned off or covered with paint.
Several tenants have access to the Campana facility at 901 N. Batavia Ave. at various times of the day, Blowers said, "so the building is generally open." An investigation is ongoing.
"It's definitely a serious matter," he said.