Graduates in Class of 2020: 655
National Merit Finalists: Ainsley Ahmadian, Ellen Aucoin, Emma Bridgeman, Nyah Bruce, Ashley Heidenrich, Rohan Iyer, Uma Kothuri, Makenzie Mann, Mohini Shanker and Kaitlin Skurnak
Graduation speakers: Marisella Arianna Ortiz-Kidd, reflection speaker; Makenzie Mann, farewell speaker.
Executive Board Student Council: Quincy Stotlar, president; Niveda Jeykrishnan, vice president; Ellen Aucoin, secretary.
Senior Class Officers: Ellen Aucoin, president; Anna Ho, vice president.
Academic achievements: Ashley Heidenrich graduating with the highest GPA in the history of Waubonsie Valley High School; Arnav Prashant Lande named U.S. Presidential Scholar.
Notable athletic achievements:
• DVC Champions: Girls Volleyball and Boys Golf.
• IHSA Regional Champions: Girls Volleyball.
• Boys Cross Country, 13th in state.
• Boys Swimming, fifth in state as a team, sixth in 200 medley relay and sixth in 400 free relay.
• Cheerleading and Dance, state qualifiers.
• Individual: Ashley Heidenrich (Girls Cross Country) 11th in state; Aayush Deshpande (Boys Swimming) second in state in 200 IM and third in state in 100 Butterfly; Lucas Conrad (Boys Swimming) fifth in state in 500 free and 10th in 200 free; Brian Knothe (Boys Swimming) fourth in 100 breaststroke.
Theater productions: "Murders in the Heir" and "The Rabbit Hole."
Senior class gift: Funds to create Blended Learning/Collaborative Learning Spaces in the building.
Homecoming King and Queen: Rohan Harpalani and Kayla Hess.
Homecoming Theme: When In Rome
Notable visitors: Jeremiah Harris, Class of 2014, from the Netflix series "Cheer"; opera singer Tamara Wilson.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2020: To the Class of 2020, perhaps one of the greatest lessons you can learn is that of perseverance and adaptability. Some of you have had to figure this out sooner, before this pandemic hit. You may have experienced a life-altering situation in which you have grown from. For you, this is another challenge that you will overcome. To others, grasp this moment. Seize this experience for what it is and do not allow it to own you, but rather own it by strengthening yourself and continuing to grow.
-- Principal Jason Stipp