Graduates in Class of 2020: 85
Valedictorian: Jana Kunz
Salutatorian: Hannah Tameling
Graduation Speaker: Brad Mitchell
Class President: Paul Kalapala
National Merit Finalists: Ryan Hammond and Paul Kalapala
• All-Conference: Boys Golf -- Alex Mitchell, Kyle Mahler, Jason Grane; Cross Country -- Caleb Mitchell, Hope Clark, and Elise Terpstra; Boys Soccer -- Josh Wise, Carson Hooker, Jonathan Stremler; Cheer -- Hannah Tameling, Mandy Hoekstra; Boys Basketball -- Matthew Owens (Conference MVP), A.J. Vos,; Girls Track -- Hope Clark, Elise Terpstra, Priscilla Nartey.
• State Qualifiers: Girls Track -- Hope Clark (All-State), Elise Terpstra, Priscilla Nartey; Team State Qualifiers -- Cheer, Girls Cross Country, Boys Basketball.
• Regional Champions: Girls Volleyball, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Boys Soccer.
• Sectional Champions: Boys Basketball, Girls Volleyball.
• IBCA coach of the year: Jill Groenewold, Girls Basketball; Scott Plaisier, Boys Basketball
• Four-year, three-sport athletes: Zach Orange (soccer, basketball, tennis); Elise Terpstra (cross country, basketball, track).
• Four-year Varsity Athletes: Hope Clark, cross country and track; Elainy Cortes, soccer; Abigail Groenewold, swimming; Calvin Groenewold, swimming; Amanda Hoekstra, cheer; Jana Kunz, soccer; Caleb Mitchell, cross country and track; Priscilla Nartey, track; Hannah Tameling, cheer; Kelly Tameling, softball; Elise Terpstra, cross country and track.
Extracurricular achievements: Darrell Carter, District ILMEA Choir Member, tenor; Olivia DeJong and Darrell Carter, National Choral Award; Carson Hooker, Choir President and Choral Director Award; Julia Klooster and Calvin Veldman, Drama Award; Todd Rylaarsdam, District ILMEA Orchestra Member, viola; Michaela Schurr, Orchestra Award; Elise Terpstra, John Philip Sousa Band Award; Rachael Beles, Outstanding Band Student Award; Tyler Voss, Louis Armstrong Jazz Award; VEX State qualification, Teams 4454A and 4454C; Mock Trial Champions of North Suburban Bar Association Tournament and Northwest Suburban Bar Association Tournament.
DECA State Qualifiers: Scott Schnurr, Automotive Services Marketing Event; Annika Anderson, Ethan Roemmich, Scott Schnurr, Integrated Marketing Campaign Event.
Theater productions: "Peter and the Starcatcher," (fall) and "The Addams Family" (indefinitely postponed)
Homecoming King and Queen: Troy Hughes and Bethany Griffin
What was new for the class of 2020: Addition of the Ward Athletic Center (WAC) for athletic contests.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2020: This class has a special place in my heart because I have known them since the sixth grade when my triplet boys started at Timothy. I have seen many of them grow and mature over the last six years and I can truly say that I love these students! They have been amazing leaders and models for the rest of the school and our culture is better because of them. I am going to miss them next year.
-- Principal Brad Mitchell