Graduates in Class of 2020: 653
Graduation Speakers: Brian Zhang and Nicole Tong
Student Government President: Sarah Rose Wittwer
Presidential Scholars: Allen Gu, Sanjana Roy, Kevin Shi, June Sun, Weirui Tong, Zachary Xi, Ann Zhao and Brian Zheng.
Seniors with perfect scores of 36 on the ACT: Anne Foley, Allen Gu, Sanjana Roy and Daniel Zhaond.
• Ty Konrad, soccer, 2017-19 DuPage Valley All-Conference; 2019 Golden Boot Winner, DuPage Valley Conference; 2017-19 IHSSCA All-Sectional; 2018-19 IHSSCA All-State; 2019 All-American Game sponsored by Allstate Insurance played in conjunction with the MLS All-Star Game; 2018-19 United Soccer Coaches All-American; three-time state champion (2016, 2017, 2018); two-time MaxPreps National Champions (2017, 2018); 2019 High School All-American Game sponsored by Top Drawer Soccer (scored game-winning goal); 2019 Illinois High School Soccer Coaches Association Illinois Player of the Year; finished his career with 45 goals and 48 assists, breaking the Naperville North all-time assist record set over 30 years ago, and led his team to a 45-game winning streak which eclipsed the previous Illinois record by more than 20 games.
• Hannah Martin, golf and soccer, four-year varsity golfer, state qualifier, DuPage Valley All-Conference; senior year featured the lowest season average on the team -- 38.8 (sixth lowest average of all time); first at Naperville North Rosie Invitational; eighth at DVC Tournament; third at IHSA Regional Tournament; second at IHSA Sectional Tournament; 35th at IHSA State Tournament; Hannah would have been a three-year starter in soccer this spring. She led the team in scoring as a sophomore with 16 goals while adding 8 assists as the group finished in 3rd place that season. She accounted for 17 goals as a junior, which led the team and was a major factor in helping capture a state championship. Two-time all-conference, all-area and all-sectional player.
• Girls Cross Country were Nike Twilight Cross Country Champions; DuPage Valley Conference Champions; IHSA Regional Champions; IHSA Sectional Champions; IHSA State Champions (seniors experienced a four-peat for all those events).
• State Champions in Science Bowl and Table Tennis
• Bran Zheng earned first place in IHSA Speech in Extemporaneous Speaking
• Sedona Swanson, All-State Choir; Jerecho Agudelo, Isabella Chinnici, Markos Smith, Anna Snyder, Cora Stewart, Greta Thorne, All-State Honors Show Choir; Zoe Staggs, Kevin Braner, Neil Xu and Ryan Cahill, All-State Honors Show Choir Band.
• Illinois Music Educators Association District IX senior band -- Kelly Kuei, Grace Petzold, Zoe Staggs and Sheel Tanna; ILMEA All-State Jazz Ensemble I -- Kevin Braner; Symphonic Wind Ensemble was accepted into the prestigious 2020 University of Illinois Concert Band Festival; Wind ensemble seniors -- Kevin Braner, Ryan Cahill, Jordan Carey, Evan DeMari, Minhao Han, Alyssa Helm, Caitlyn Komar, Kelly Kuei, Tyler Lange, Natalie Lebron-Marines, Kyra McKeska, Michael O'Connor, Jr., Taner Oksuz, Grace Petzold, Nathan Richards, Eleanor Schuler, Collin Sincaglia, Zoe Staggs, Sheel Tanna, Neil Xu and Brian Zheng; Isabella Pece -- 2018 NNHS Concerto Competition Winner.
• Business Professionals of America first places went to Eric Chen in C++ Programming and Alice Li in Business Law.
• Debate Team Candi Li won first place speaker at IHSA state tournament and Jacob Cao won Best Presiding Officer; Certamen Mohammad Khan was MVP in the state at his team level in Latin Team.
Theater productions: "A Simpler Time"; "Romeo & Juliet"; "Arsenic & Old Lace -- A Radio Play"; "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"; "The Diary of Anne Frank"'; "An Evening of One-Acts"; "Beauty and the Beast" (canceled).
Senior Class gift: A tiered water fountain to be displayed in the courtyard
Homecoming King and Queen: William Wepking and June Sun
Homecoming theme: A Journey Through Time
Notable visitors: Mike Smith and Chris Pulver
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2020: The NNHS Class of 2020 is truly a special class of students. They are dedicated to Naperville North, their communities, families and each other. The resilience, grit and determination they have shown this spring during the pandemic is nothing short of incredible! In spite of all the special events and activities they've lost, they were consistently more focused on the health and well-being of those who were serving our community. This class will be in our hearts forever and look forward to seeing the amazing accomplishments that they will most surely add to our world.
-- Principal Stephanie Posey